www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [ROM] Need Stock Rom Lenovo Golden Warrior S898t+ Stuck in Bootloop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I need help with my phone. (tldr available below if you want to skip the specifics of my story)

Lenovo Golden Warrior S898t+ MTK6592 16gb

----Basically what happened was that I have been trying to get a [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] on my phone that just arrived yesterday. I spent the entire night trying to figure out how to root it and finally got some success late into this morning when I found a china-based auto-root program called "[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]" ( Just adding that bit in so that if anyone needs to do the same in the future or has another phone they're having trouble with, they can try that).
----Anyway, I got the phone rooted and tried to get CWM or TWRP through the easy magic installers available on the forums so I could flash the English Rom, but nothing was working, or so I thought. I have come to realize now that the recoveries did work, but the phone is a little weird in the way to enter them is by holding down both volume keys and the power button. I thought none were working, so I kept searching. At some point I got to [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] post by rey69, and he walks through how to make a custom CWM for MTK phones. At step 5, he says to flash custom recovery.img AND boot.img that we created in Mtk Droid Tool from previous steps in SP Flash Tool. Now a moderator here says that it's not necessary to flash boot.img, so to try without flashing boot first. Well I did that, but again, I still hadn't realized that I just didn't know how to enter CWM. So I went ahead and flashed the boot.img that I found in the backups folder that MtkDroidTool made with the CWM recovery.img. This was a mistake, my phone from then on is stuck in a bootloop.
----I freaaked out, this was the first time I've ever had a bricked phone from rooting. Thankfully it's a soft brick (I'm still panicking though), so I tried to flash a boot.img from that custom rom I wanted to flash. The phone was bootlooping and wouldn't sit still for SP Flash to do its thing, so I kept trying to put it into recovery, pressing up/down and the power button constantly. At some point SP Flash worked but didn't help, so I kept trying and eventually my finger slid over both volume buttons which opened CWM. I calmed down a bit after this, but I still don't really know how to fix this whole situation. I think I just need to flash the stock rom and start over, so here I am asking for one because I can't find one that actually works on the internet no matter how much I search.
----I have an external sd card, and the battery is removable as well. The link to the ebay page I bought from is [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].

TLDR: The phone is in bootloop, but I can load CWM. Need Stock Rom, can't find a real one on web (Or I don't understand how to use them). Please help! Any help is appreciated, my panicking body thanks you in advance!