www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Which sensors do we have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've done a test with an app called Android Sensor Box to see what sensors the iNew (Firefly V65 ROM!) has. The test says the Orientation Sensor, Temperature Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Magnetic Sensor and Pressure Sensor are NOT present on my device.
What IS present is the Accelerometer, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor and Sound Sensor.

My screen rotates whenever I set the setting to 'automatic rotation' and that works.
Also, some wallpapers that I use move into a certain direction when moving the iNew and that seems to be working too.

I'm using another live wallplaper called Hologram though, that doesn't work properly, while it works on all my other devices.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I would very much like to get this to work, but I'm not sure if it's the firmware or the hardware that's not compatible.

Any help would be appreciated.
The sensor list sounds okay for that phone. My chinese phone also has the same. I tried that app and it works okay on mine. Mine also doesn't have the gyroscope. Probably the app uses the accelerometer. It's wierd it's not working for you. Did you make sure the settings options are correct?
(2013-09-17, 19:05)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]The sensor list sounds okay for that phone. My chinese phone also has the same. I tried that app and it works okay on mine. Mine also doesn't have the gyroscope. Probably the app uses the accelerometer. It's wierd it's not working for you. Did you make sure the settings options are correct?

Thanks for testing! The app works partially; the object is rotating, but the background is supposed to move when you tilt the phone to get the real 3D / depth effect (check YouTube clip on Play store, you see depth because background is moving along with your movement). I checked settings (axis settings, etc. but to no success). Does the 'tilting' work for you also?
Yes, I think the app uses the accelerometer, but I think to get the 3D effect you need the gyroscope, not sure though. I wonder if this problem could be solved by firmware.
S7589 has the following:
- Accelerometer Sensor
- Light Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Sound Sensor

Does not have:
- Orientation Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Gyroscope Sensor
- Magnetic Sensor
- Pressure Sensor