www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: 5 inches or less, max battery life, AUS 4G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently using S4. Main issues are battery life and overheating whilst charging. Ideally looking for a monster battery with a modest screen size and Australian 4G
Hello Burkoy, I would check out the Redmi 4 Prime. Doing a review of it now. Has incredible battery life and most aspects are very good to outstanding.

http://www.GizBeat.com/review

It should have decent 4G coverage in Australia. To get every LTE band that Australia uses, may need to purchase a much more expensive phone.
I'll second the Redmi 4 prime. Using one right now. Off charger for 18 hours, 5.5 hours SOT, and still around 50% battery. I'm not familiar with Australian LTE frequencies, but if the bands are what you need, it's hard to beat the battery life. The rest of the phone is quite decent as well, so long as you aren't looking for a great camera.

The zuk z2 offers more LTE bands than the Redmi 4 prime, and is a very nice all around phone (if you can get past the looks). Nowhere near as much of a battery monster as the Redmi 4, but still very good Battery life.
(2016-12-22, 12:40)Jh1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll second the Redmi 4 prime. Using one right now. Off charger for 18 hours, 5.5 hours SOT, and still around 50% battery. I'm not familiar with Australian LTE frequencies, but if the bands are what you need, it's hard to beat the battery life. The rest of the phone is quite decent as well, so long as you aren't looking for a great camera.

The zuk z2 offers more LTE bands than the Redmi 4 prime, and is a very nice all around phone (if you can get past the looks). Nowhere near as much of a battery monster as the Redmi 4, but still very good Battery life.

Thank you everyone for replying! Reviews for Xiaomi look great, but how about overheating? Big problem in Australian weather. I haven't found anyone doing temp tests with games, charging or even google maps in the car
(2016-12-25, 15:31)burkoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-22, 12:40)Jh1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll second the Redmi 4 prime. Using one right now. Off charger for 18 hours, 5.5 hours SOT, and still around 50% battery. I'm not familiar with Australian LTE frequencies, but if the bands are what you need, it's hard to beat the battery life. The rest of the phone is quite decent as well, so long as you aren't looking for a great camera.

Thank you everyone for replying! Reviews for Xiaomi look great, but how about overheating? Big problem in Australian weather. I haven't found anyone doing temp tests with games, charging or even google maps in the car
Redmi 4 Prime is one of the coolest phones I've used. At least on the outside, which is a good indication of inside heat. I've used Xiaomi phones for years through brutal Thai summers.
I've never measured the temp, but it definitely seems to run very cool, even while charging. Cooler to the touch than any phone I have ever used (granted, I'm not a gamer)