www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [MTK 64BIT FLASHING] Questions - Flashing, Custom roms etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I want to start a thread about 64bit MTK chipset porting, rom building, flashing etc.

With what I want to start is...

I have a Cubot Dinosaur device, that I have rooted with TWRP recovery up and running successfully. What I wonder about and been looking all over internet is a way to port or sp flash a rom to Cubot Dinosaur.

I tried all tutorials on porting, looking through different guides for MT6735 64BIT PORTING, but none successful so far & every single one is a littke different (different files replaced from stock to port etc.) - I always get "twrp updater process error: 7 or 11". I can't seem to find the fix for the latter on the net. I found the "assert"-line erase fix for error 7, but I have no "assert" lines in any updater script file of my custom made roms.

I tried (foolishly, I know) flashing the stock rom 5.1 from Cubot x15 (same chipset MT6735) via SP Flash Tool & of course ended hard-bricking my Cubot Dinosaur, which I managed to unbrick later.

However, if there's such problem with porting for 64bit Mediatek chipsets, which obviously is and I'm open for help if anyone knows how to do it correctly, I wonder if...

... I replace the (for example) X15 preloader with Dinosaurs, unpack X15 system.img & fix camera files (cause Dinosaur has Omnivision OV8856 and X15 has another one, CMOS I think not Omnivision), repack the system.img, replace it, modify scatter file so that the Dinosaur preloader gets installed, not X15's and flash via SP Flash Tool. Could that work?

I want to have Lollipop rom or Kitkat, cause Marshmallow is driving me crazy with Doze optimizations etc. But I noticed that only Lollipop is the oldest Android OS for 64bit MTK chipsets.

Thanks for any help, guys.Smiling
Doesn't look like anybody's been able to figure that out.
It seems like no one around here, except for Cleopatra.