www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: No.1 P7 is Quad Core or Dual Core?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tested some applications to see where are cpu cores working? Just only core 0, and core 1, even the stress test with antutu or Geekbench3 within CPU Identity, I haven't seen core 2 and core 3 working, does anyone could explain more detail about this? I need the expert to explain this, because I'm newbie in this field Happy

Thanks in advanced Thumbs Up
Download micro CPU monitor and turn on multi-core monitoring in it's settings. Then see how many lines you see while rendering a heavy web page. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but this is one way to check how many cores are actually being used in real time. Also make sure hotplug is the governor. You can double check this with 'no frills' CPU control from Play.

The P7 has been reported by at least a couple people to show as fake MTK6589 (really MTK6577).
Thank you so much Gizbeat for your great explanation, I have tested for several days to make sure it is dual core or quad core, I did stress test for this device and the monitoring (CPU Stats) has never shown quad core activity, only core 0 and core 1 always active even 100% load CPU.

[Image: Screenshot_2013-09-22-03-04-00.png][Image: Screenshot_2013-09-22-03-00-14.png][Image: Screenshot_2013-09-22-03-00-34.png][Image: Screenshot_2013-09-18-10-29-38.png]
We can see picture 1 and picture 2 on the bottom bar icon, only 2 bars active with full load, not 4 bars(CPU Stats) .

My summary, this is dual core not quad core, we are fooled by the china factory and the seller, be honest I bought this model was just because need 2GB of RAM and Quadcore, but in fact this is 1GB RAM and Dual Core Processor......so pity we are Crying
(2013-09-21, 19:45)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Download micro CPU monitor and turn on multi-core monitoring in it's settings. Then see how many lines you see while rendering a heavy web page. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but this is one way to check how many cores are actually being used in real time. Also make sure hotplug is the governor. You can double check this with 'no frills' CPU control from Play.

The P7 has been reported by at least a couple people to show as fake MTK6589 (really MTK6577).
So did you try what I wrote regarding hotplug? Most likely it's dual-core, as it's been reported by several being fake MTK6589, but it's worth a shot.
Mine is dual core and 512Mb of RAM...... Can't use heavyweight app!!!
Thanks Gizbeat, one day I’ll ask our engineers to open the plate on PCB, to make sure what processor type is? Thumbs Up
(2013-09-22, 13:20)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]So did you try what I wrote regarding hotplug? Most likely it's dual-core, as it's been reported by several being fake MTK6589, but it's worth a shot.

So pity we are, but we need to do hard modication for our P7, I would like to change RAM to 2GB (if the processor really MT6589), 16GB micro sd sandisk extreem pro version (the highest speed in the world up to 95MB/s), bigger battery capacity, I’m not sure the original P7 use 5000mAh, I saw the battery inside, just wrote E000mAh, I don’t know what is "E" means?
Hopefully that would be come true...hihi Big Grin
Thumbs Up
(2013-09-22, 19:05)newlife229 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is dual core and 512Mb of RAM...... Can't use heavyweight app!!!
This phone is useless, I will advice people not waste their money on this piece of crap. I bought the phone, in one week of used, the battery got drain every few minutes, and all of a sudden, the battery died, the usb cable stop charging the battery, even trying an iphone 5 usb cable doesn't seem to work neither.

The manufacturers are no where to be found for support, I am even willing to buy a replacement battery, and when I open the case to look at the battery rating, it say +E000mAh. What is 'E', no one knows.

The battery has 3 wires, while every battery I have seen only have 2 wires.
(2013-09-27, 21:32)cee1cee4 Wrote: [ -> ]This phone is useless, I will advice people not waste their money on this piece of crap. I bought the phone, in one week of used, the battery got drain every few minutes, and all of a sudden, the battery died, the usb cable stop charging the battery, even trying an iphone 5 usb cable doesn't seem to work neither.

The manufacturers are no where to be found for support, I am even willing to buy a replacement battery, and when I open the case to look at the battery rating, it say +E000mAh. What is 'E', no one knows.

The battery has 3 wires, while every battery I have seen only have 2 wires.
+E000mA Doh You can't make this stuff up. Fu Man