www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: NO SOUND DURING CALLS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Phone is new and the volume was very low on all calls, incoming and outgoing. The phone is THL W8+. Contacted THL and they said " get into engineering mode and change, THE HEADSET MODE, LOUDSPEAKER MODE and SPEACH ENHANCEMENT. After doing so there's no sound on all calls. The phones rings on incoming calls but when answered the person I am calling cannot hear me and I cannot hear them. Same with calls I place, the other phone rings but no sound. Data is working no problems.
Will factory reset change the audio back to it's original state? What are the factory settings for the 3 items that were changed?? thanx, LRAYT
A factory reset will change these back to what they were. You might want to try upgrading your firmware. Check first and see how old your current firmware is.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-09-23, 13:14)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thank you for getting back to me. I have checked phone updates and says my phone is up to date. will do the factory reset.

thanx, LRAYT
You mean you checked update from within Android? That will not help you with China phones. They generally don't update 'over the air'. You need to manually do it. Check your firmware/kernel version from Android system settings > About phone. If it's older than May, you might want to update.
(2013-09-23, 13:34)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]You mean you checked update from within Android? That will not help you with China phones. They generally don't update 'over the air'. You need to manually do it. Check your firmware/kernel version from Android system settings > About phone. If it's older than May, you might want to update.

How do I tell if it's older than May. Before we go any further I am 67 years old and a lot of this stuff is way over my head!!!! Give me good written directions and I can do it but don't ask me to go to YOUTUBE and watch how............thanx, L
From homescreen > menu button > settings > about phone. Then look under 'Kernel Version' and see what the date says.
(2013-09-23, 13:43)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]From homescreen > menu button > settings > about phone. Then look under 'Kernel Version' and see what the date says.

Kernel version is June 6, 2013. So it looks like I am safe on this one. Thank you for your help. But I still need to increase the volume and THL is no help!!!! Old age sux!!! thanx, L
(2013-09-23, 13:53)LRAYT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-23, 13:43)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]From homescreen > menu button > settings > about phone. Then look under 'Kernel Version' and see what the date says.

Kernel version is June 6, 2013. So it looks like I am safe on this one. Thank you for your help. But I still need to increase the volume and THL is no help!!!! Old age sux!!! thanx, L

Try the factory reset and see if it helps.
(2013-09-23, 13:54)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-23, 13:53)LRAYT Wrote: [ -> ]

Try the factory reset and see if it helps.

Did the factory reset and the volume is low but at least it is working. Have to find a way to increase without shutting the phone down. L
Is the current problem with hearing them, them hearing you, or both?
Pages: 1 2