www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Should i take my phone to the ocean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first thing I did - mostly for curiosity - was to get wet my AGM A8... and it turned off.
I remember how much i hated myself and my purchase: while i was busy insulted everything for the 100th time and was about to take out the rice when the screen was normally turned on... nothing had happened and the phone was ok: it was only in Stand by due to inactivity ¬¬ ( this phone actually is waterproof)

[Image: qqayu210.jpg]

I immediately stop feeling ripped off and started feeling stupid... so i readed and illustrated myself a bit in order to recover the honor; and thats why today we will talk about water:

Should i take my phone to the ocean?

ITS WATERPROOF? if its not; you should not take it outside the car ( even the sand can get it scratched and the dust, messed ) unless you have an case that endurances it.

IF IS A WATERPROOF:

There are three common terms in marketing that describes the level of exposition that a phone can endurance .
  • Splash proof: well... that means that the phone can resist a splash of liquid.
  • A water test: a glass of water can fall on top of it, use it in the rain or even under the shower.
  • Waterproof: That means that you can even take photos and videos under water without water ruining the phone.

My AGM its waterproof:

[Image: qqayu211.jpg]

So you i can inmerse it .

NOTE: EITHER WAY you can buy a Acquapac ... its a waterproof case , basically: its not 100 percent safe: but it will save you if something happens.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2012-10-05_at_12.52.11_PM.png]

BUT
one of the main problems of all phones of this kind is that: when the screen is wet, the phone becomes unusable. It doesnt recognize the touch.

Also: Maybe the publicity shows a people on the beach manipulating the phones very naturally but to this day I havent touched or tried a phone that allowed me to send a message or something as simple as answering a call under the water.

[Image: Sony-Xperia-ZR-021.jpg]

In summary, the relationship of our phones with water is more about common sense than durability itself: the cell phones are simply NOT designed to be used at their 100% in an aquatic environment.