www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Question] Are the bands specific to each sim slot? Want to use micro simslot/gsm850
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tmobile on the standard sim slot and it only gets 2g since tmobile doesn't use the gsm850 spectrum. can I use an ATT micro sim card and put it in the 2nd micro sim slot and have it work and get 4g speeds?

Or do i need to order the standard size ATT sim card and put it in the standard sized sim slot?
(2013-10-01, 01:41)wowor Wrote: [ -> ]I have tmobile on the standard sim slot and it only gets 2g since tmobile doesn't use the gsm850 spectrum. can I use an ATT micro sim card and put it in the 2nd micro sim slot and have it work and get 4g speeds?

Or do i need to order the standard size ATT sim card and put it in the standard sized sim slot?

You will only get 3g speeds from ATT, and that's only if they use the 850mhz frequency in your area (I can tell you Philadelphia uses 850). 3g isn't as fast as 4g, but its muuuuuuuuuuuuch faster than 2g/edge. Its very acceptable, can make skype calls, watch YouTube videos, etc.

As far as using the 2nd (micro) sim for 3g, I can't tell you first hand if that's possible but others who have this phone have said they can get 3g from both sims. Being full size or micro makes no difference.