www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: NEW TO China Phones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I am considering buying the iNew i6000 (or the Goophone s4 Mega), however naturally I do have concerns about buying a Clone/Knockoff device. I'm hoping that the members in this forum can shed so light on my decision. Sidebar, I currently own a Samsung Note II and at one point was considering the Note 3. Here are a few questions for you experts/seasoned users:
1. Is the i6000 as fast as the more well known Phones by: (Samsung, HTC, LG)?
2. Are the inner components (processor, video, audio, wireless) as good?
3. Where can I find video review about with people speaking intelligently about the i6000?

Thank you members,
Welcome. These are some good questions dstruk12. I decided to make a basic article about this on my blog. Will finish it up over the next day or two, but here's the first part: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-10-05, 20:07)dstruk12 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all, I am considering buying the iNew i6000 (or the Goophone s4 Mega), however naturally I do have concerns about buying a Clone/Knockoff device. I'm hoping that the members in this forum can shed so light on my decision. Sidebar, I currently own a Samsung Note II and at one point was considering the Note 3. Here are a few questions for you experts/seasoned users:
3. Where can I find video review about with people speaking intelligently about the i6000?

Thank you members,

Greetings dstruk12!
I can't give you a direct comparison because the i6000 is my first android device, which I received on Aug. 12th; Prior I used a Windows mobile device and an iPhone.
I believe it's fair and realistic to begin with: "you get what you pay for!"
The hardware performance is excellent with the i6000... the display is awesome and the only issue I have had is with the earpiece volume being really low, but from what many others have stated in various threads here, it's not hardware, but software related; After installing different custom ROMs, the volume was good. That's really where you may be affected by low cost... the factory Android OS and lack of support from the manufacturers. There are so many different makes/models with identical i6000 core hardware popping up now, that's it's difficult to keep them all straight or know who's actually manufacturing them or building the Android systems running upon them. If you get a firmware update from one of the manufacturers, it's like a rare cosmic alignment: The forums go nuts, many links are posted, large files downloaded and we have peace on earth... at least for a month or so. Big Grin
Seriously, most of the differences are cosmetic amongst the various 6.5" display sized china phones at this point.
The only other thing I can think of offhand is the wcdma frequency compatibility for your country or chosen service provider. There is no 4G, but you may be able to get 3G data and should confirm access to either wcdma 850 or 2100 if that's important to you.
As far as online video reviews go, most I see are people playing with the phone while goofy music plays... I haven't seen one that was useful in English, there may be something available in another language though.

If you post specifics concerning intended use and what is and is not most important to you in a phablet, then maybe folks here can offer more substantial advise. But if it's the straight up comparison with the major manufacturers as your bottom line, then you should probably just stick with the major brands/models.

Regardless of choice, best wishes!
(2013-10-06, 16:26)pufferaway Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-05, 20:07)dstruk12 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all, I am considering buying the iNew i6000 (or the Goophone s4 Mega), however naturally I do have concerns about buying a Clone/Knockoff device. I'm hoping that the members in this forum can shed so light on my decision. Sidebar, I currently own a Samsung Note II and at one point was considering the Note 3. Here are a few questions for you experts/seasoned users:

Thank you members,

Greetings dstruk12!
I can't give you a direct comparison because the i6000 is my first android device, which I received on Aug. 12th; Prior I used a Windows mobile device and an iPhone.
I believe it's fair and realistic to begin with: "you get what you pay for!"
The hardware performance is excellent with the i6000... the display is awesome and the only issue I have had is with the earpiece volume being really low, but from what many others have stated in various threads here, it's not hardware, but software related; After installing different custom ROMs, the volume was good. That's really where you may be affected by low cost... the factory Android OS and lack of support from the manufacturers. There are so many different makes/models with identical i6000 core hardware popping up now, that's it's difficult to keep them all straight or know who's actually manufacturing them or building the Android systems running upon them. If you get a firmware update from one of the manufacturers, it's like a rare cosmic alignment: The forums go nuts, many links are posted, large files downloaded and we have peace on earth... at least for a month or so. Big Grin
Seriously, most of the differences are cosmetic amongst the various 6.5" display sized china phones at this point.
The only other thing I can think of offhand is the wcdma frequency compatibility for your country or chosen service provider. There is no 4G, but you may be able to get 3G data and should confirm access to either wcdma 850 or 2100 if that's important to you.
As far as online video reviews go, most I see are people playing with the phone while goofy music plays... I haven't seen one that was useful in English, there may be something available in another language though.

If you post specifics concerning intended use and what is and is not most important to you in a phablet, then maybe folks here can offer more substantial advise. But if it's the straight up comparison with the major manufacturers as your bottom line, then you should probably just stick with the major brands/models.

Regardless of choice, best wishes!

Thank you pufferaway. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me your insight.
You're welcome!