www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Lets talk density
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yesterday I finally changed the density on my phone. I hated the "stock" density since day 1. Everything was huge. What's the point of having a bigger screen and higher resolution, if you're just gonna have the same amount of shit on your screen as you would on a 3" phone?

Anyway... I started by downloading the first density changer I found on the play store called "LCD density modder (free)". Bad idea. I changed it to the recommended 320 density, rebooted, and my phone got stuck on the boot logo. Good thing I backed up before doing this (for this exact reason!). Ok, CWM, restore.

So I didn't learn from my mistake, and I tried the 2nd density changer I found on the play store, this time simply called "Density Changer". I set the density to 320, granted root permissions, rebooted. Boom. Everything is now tiny. Score!

Sorry, I don't have "before" screen shots

[Image: 2013-10-10004627_zps59338f1d.png]
[Image: 2013-10-10004806_zps0d592fb2.png]

I know this isn't a big deal or anything to you, but it is for me. All you guys probably already changed yours.

What density are you guys running? Show a screen shot or 2.
I changed it by using Xposed framework and PerAppSettings MOD. Changed the 'settings' app to 213 (I think), so you get tablet mode in your settings-screen (main menu on the left of the screen, settings on the right).
The benefit of using Xposed is that you only need to install other MODs to be able to fully customize your phone.
Hi Bert, can you please post the link to the ""Density Changer"? I can only find the "LCD density modder" app.
(2013-10-11, 14:26)perkster Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-10-11, 21:22)bertmansk Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks Bert. App works fine. However, to me 320 dpi is too small. The max this app allows is 330 dpi.
What do you mean the "max it allows"? As in it won't let you set anything less than 330?

... does it look like this when you open it?
[Image: 2013-10-12195936_zps36f2b8bf.png]
(2013-10-13, 02:03)bertmansk Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean the "max it allows"? As in it won't let you set anything less than 330?

there is a message popup about max being 330.
and yes, that's how it looks.
That's strange Undecided As you can see mines set to 320 Confused
(2013-10-14, 01:22)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-13, 02:03)bertmansk Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean the "max it allows"? As in it won't let you set anything less than 330?

there is a message popup about max being 330.
and yes, that's how it looks.

you have to acticate the advance mode (in the right corner) than you can go back to 480.
(2013-10-10, 17:26)Squier Wrote: [ -> ]I changed it by using Xposed framework and PerAppSettings MOD. Changed the 'settings' app to 213 (I think), so you get tablet mode in your settings-screen (main menu on the left of the screen, settings on the right).
The benefit of using Xposed is that you only need to install other MODs to be able to fully customize your phone.

Hi Squier,
I installed the Xposed framework and the the App Settings Module. But when I change the DPI for "settings" to 213, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

How did you mange to have 7 Apps per row on the homescreen?
Pages: 1 2 3