www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: flashtool scatter file problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using FlashTool_v5.1320.00 to restore my telephone using a proper scatter-loading file from MtkDroidTools.

The scatter file was obtained from my telephon backup, so it is original from it.

My problem is that when I try to load in FlashTool the scatter file from my complete backup or !FILETOFLASHTOOL directory a popup tell me
Item failed : not file found for

So I cannot restore my phone.

[Image: YyzICTlK]

My phone is gt-n7102 clone :

Hardware : MT6577 (SMDK4x12 is Fake!)
Model : GT-N7102
Build number : JRO03C.N7102ZSALJ2
Build date UTC : 20130306-111329
Android  v : 4.1.9
Baseband v: MAUI.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V5, 2013/01/28 11:29
Kernel v : 3.0.13 ([email=kingberry@kingberry-desktop]kingberry@kingberry-desktop[/email]) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 SMP  Wed Mar 6 19:10:15 CST 2013
Uboot build v : MAIN2.2.ubt.3877
LCD Driver IC : 1-otm8009a_6575_dsi

Thanks in advance for your support.
the latest flash tool is [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

yours version is "MTK flash tool V5.1320" that should be older version

please check
Thanks stevenma61 for your precious support !!

I downloded [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and now all is OK !!

From my experience I Learnt two things :

1. ALWAYS make a backup of your system and scatter file with MtkDroidTools

2. Use always the latest version of MtkDroidTools and SP flash tool.

Thanks again stevenma61
u r welcome,

ya, always back up the rom with mtk droid root n tool,
if possible, also back up the rom with sp flash tool, with "read back"

if the phone is quite popular, n u can find the cable flash rom, then all u need to do is to read back the preloader by sp flash tool, then process with MTK droid root n tools. If all the driver were installed before hand, to create the prloader.bin take only about 4/5 minutes the most.
the reason is that , u can now see a lot  DRAM fail in flashing the rom lately, because the preloader.bin is the main caused.
Dear stevenma61,

I have a Note 2 clone (the details are in first post), I don't find a lot of information about it, so could you please explain me better what is "back up the rom with sp flash tool, with "read back"" ?

I need a special cable or device ?

My preloader.bin backup with MtkDroidTools isn't enought ?

Please explain me :-)

Thanks again !
(2013-10-14, 17:34)pax Wrote: [ -> ]Dear stevenma61,

I have a Note 2 clone (the details are in first post), I don't find a lot of information about it, so could you please explain me better what is "back up the rom with sp flash tool, with "read back"" ?

I need a special cable or device ?

My preloader.bin backup with MtkDroidTools isn't enought ?

Please explain me :-)

Thanks again !

for most of the MTK phone from china.
1 -- First, root n back up the rom by MTK droid root n tool
2 -- Then process the back up (above mentioned) by MTK droid root n tool.

If u only do the 1 , u still cannot cable flash the phone with this backup
U have to complete step 2 in order to flash the rom to the phone if yr phone brick.( u need SP flash tool to flash the rom)

MTK droid root n tool and SP flash tool r two different tools. We never can be sure that a preloader that back up by MTK droid tool can be read by Sp flash tool. But at the current moment, I will say there should be no problem with each other.

As I said, if possible , read back the phone's Rom by SP flash tool, since the rom was able to read back by sp flash tool, so we r quite sure we can flash back the rom to the phone by the SP flash tool

If u run the. SP flash tool, u will see the button " read back"
Read back mean back up actually.
Hi! I'm looking for a ROM GT-N7102 (kingberry@kingberry-desktop) I Can send it to me ? Please. I want restore my phone. P/S I use the translator, do not speak English.