www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Telephone I9500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have a Galaxy S4 clone (I9500) china model.
When I make a phonecall I get a pop-up saying:

Roaming Warning
The sim card that you are about to use is now roaming. No local SIM is available now. Would you like to continue?

I disabled the roaming in the menu with no effect.
The settings in the phone menu are correct (network=KPN, provider=Telfort)(Netherlands)

How can I disable this message.
i AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!! IT'S SO FRUSTRATING, DID YOU EVER FIND A SOLUTION?? Sad

(2013-10-14, 08:35)Evert Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Roaming Warning
The sim card that you are about to use is now roaming. No local SIM is available now. Would you like to continue?

The settings in the phone menu are correct (network=KPN, provider=Telfort)(Netherlands)

It sounds it might be your ROM just not recognizing the setting.

Is your phone rooted? If so, there is an option in the Gravity Box Mod to disable this warning as well. Perhaps it will flip the switch correctly for you. No guarantees, but it can't hurt to try. For details on Gravity Box, look up our sticky thread about Xposed Installer.
I have not solved the problem, however i think I knew what the problem in my case is.
My Sim card tells me that the operator name is Telfort with operator code 20412. The network operator is KPN with operator code 20408
There is a XML file in the system called: spn-conf.xml
In that file i have to change some things but unfortunately i cann't edit the file because my phone is not rooted.
I have ask my provider (Telfort) to send me a new Simcard with network and operator code 20408
Hopefully they will.

(2013-11-05, 11:33)CIAAAA Wrote: [ -> ]i AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!! IT'S SO FRUSTRATING, DID YOU EVER FIND A SOLUTION?? Sad

Roaming Warning

I rooted my Phone and changed the spn-conf.xml file.
However with no results so the problem still exists.
I am waiting for a respons from my provider

Is there someone who has solved this problem

(2013-11-20, 02:13)Evert Wrote: [ -> ]I have not solved the problem, however i think I knew what the problem in my case is.
My Sim card tells me that the operator name is Telfort with operator code 20412. The network operator is KPN with operator code 20408
In that file i have to change some things but unfortunately i cann't edit the file because my phone is not rooted.
I have ask my provider (Telfort) to send me a new Simcard with network and operator code 20408
Hopefully they will.

(2013-11-05, 11:33)CIAAAA Wrote: [ -> ]i AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!! IT'S SO FRUSTRATING, DID YOU EVER FIND A SOLUTION?? Sad

Roaming Warning

My provider is not willing to change the operator code, so my problem exists.

(2013-11-20, 02:13)Evert Wrote: [ -> ]I have not solved the problem, however i think I knew what the problem in my case is.
Hopefully they will.

Roaming Warning

Are you being charged for Roaming when this happens, or is it just a nuisance alert from the phone?
No I am not being charged. It's only roaming while the netwerkprovider and operator are different.
It's that annoying pop-up wich I have to click on and especially during a car drive i do not want that

(2013-12-04, 09:39)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Are you being charged for Roaming when this happens, or is it just a nuisance alert from the phone?
There is an Android setting for "Show Roaming Reminder" you can disable.
Settings > SIM Management > Roaming (under "General Settings") > "Show roaming reminder" > set to "Never"

Also, did you try Xposed Installer / Gravity Box? There is a setting in there which allows you to ignore the Roaming warning.

Let us know how either of these work for you.
(2013-12-10, 11:06)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]There is an Android setting for "Show Roaming Reminder" you can disable.
Settings > SIM Management > Roaming (under "General Settings") > "Show roaming reminder" > set to "Never"

Also, did you try Xposed Installer / Gravity Box? There is a setting in there which allows you to ignore the Roaming warning.

Let us know how either of these work for you.

I have no setting "Show roaming Reminder". I even do not have SIM Management in any menu.
My phone is a Galaxy S4 clone

I did not use Xposed Installer/gravity Box. Can I install gravity box without getting any problem. My phone is rooted however i did not flash the ROM and if not necessary i do not want this to do.

Looking forward to your answer
Pages: 1 2