www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Backup Basics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After reading the H9500 bricked thread, a few things occurred to me:

1. stevenma61 is both a genius and a saint for all his efforts. We are very lucky to have him here at China Phone Arena.

2. I'm also lucky to have never bricked a phone.... but my day of reckoning will surely come.

3. Right now I have a fully-working phone. I've backed it up a few times using Titanium Backup. The backups are on the SD card. Technically, I don't know what's in a backup since I've never had to use one.

4. Surely there are others out there who are less fortunate than I.

My questions:

1. If I have a totally stock virgin android phone and I want to put a backup online for myself and others to use in case all hell breaks loose, what are the things I need to put up for people? (preloader, scatter, etc etc)

2. Are these things included in my Titanium Backups somewhere, or do I need to use other specialized tools to create them?

3. Is there a centralized repository for such things? I could upload there and link it here. If not, should I just upload it anywhere and link it here (but in the S7589 forum)? What are CPA's favorite upload hosts?

4. Assuming I have a custom ROM (which I do), is there still value in uploading these things for others?

Thanks in advance CPA!