www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Jiayu G4 advanced - Root and GPS issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I from Belgium and i did buy in preorder in march 2013 the Jiayu G4 advanced an i just received it last week from Germany.

I have a problem with the GPS, really not good and not fixing any satellite.

Some tutorials show that i have to delete a file in /DATA but i see no files and i think i need to root my phone before doing it.

My processor is the MTK6589T, 2GB RAM 32GB ROM, going perfectly and this is very sad that the GPS not working because i need it for my car.

I tried to Root it, but i don t know how to check if it s done.

My previous phone was a HTC Sensation 4G and i did successfully root it and unlocked, installed 4EXT touch menu recovery and MIUI ROM on it, i changed this phone because it was a way to slow, with about 700 mb and more of cam, it was just too slow.

My Jiayu is perfect exept the GPS and i would like to fix it.

I started with low vol pressed and power button pressed and i have a menu in chinese!

Is it possible to install 4EXT touch recovery on this phone?
How to root it?

Thanks a lot!
(2013-10-19, 19:39)Mister_P Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Quote:I tried to Root it, but i don t know how to check if it s done. How to root it?
Download root checker from Play. See the Root Tools sub-forum to download the one-click roots for Jelly Bean if it's not properly rooted.
Quote:I started with low vol pressed and power button pressed and i have a menu in chinese!
Try VolUp instead of VolDown
Quote:Is it possible to install 4EXT touch recovery on this phone?
There is CWM recovery available.
1) Get properly rooted
2) Download Mobile Uncle from Play
3) Copy the Jiayu G4 CWM recovery to the base of your sd: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
4) Run Mobile Uncle and install the custom recovery
Hi there and thanks for your answer.

Now it is rooted but i think i will not put a recovery mode if the menu is not in english.

I having problems to get a fix and even a sat signal.

Maybe i did mess around because i did use many different programs for testing and one time i did get a successfull fix by changing the NTP server location, but once in the car, i lost that fix quickly and there was a big lack of precision, now, because i did mess around, i get no sat signal at all, at best i get 10 to 13 sats in view.

But only in view.

Do you have a checklist for the files i should check for the GPS?

I read somewhere that there is something about certificates for gps files.... i dunno.
(2013-10-26, 01:00)Mister_P Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there and thanks for your answer.

Now it is rooted but i think i will not put a recovery mode if the menu is not in english.

I having problems to get a fix and even a sat signal.

Maybe i did mess around because i did use many different programs for testing and one time i did get a successfull fix by changing the NTP server location, but once in the car, i lost that fix quickly and there was a big lack of precision, now, because i did mess around, i get no sat signal at all, at best i get 10 to 13 sats in view.

But only in view.

Do you have a checklist for the files i should check for the GPS?

I read somewhere that there is something about certificates for gps files.... i dunno.

If you've changed a lot of settings in engineer mode and messed with different gps files, and not sure everything you changed, the best thing to do would be to re-install firmware for your phone.

In fact, that might be a good idea anyways. Especially if you're not on the latest firmware.

The last solution is to attempt surgery. Search the forum for 'gps surgery'.