www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Zopo 810 vs. 980
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'd like to ask you which Zopo has better camera, 810 or 980. I know that 810 has "only" 8 MP and 980 has 13 MP. But it isn't only about numbers. Do you have any experience with the pics from them? Or in general which one is your preference, pls? Thnx very much.
(2013-10-21, 21:00)CorvoNero Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'd like to ask you which Zopo has better camera, 810 or 980. I know that 810 has "only" 8 MP and 980 has 13 MP. But it isn't only about numbers. Do you have any experience with the pics from them? Or in general which one is your preference, pls? Thnx very much.

This is exactly why we have the picture forum. Unfortunately people don't use it too often. There are quite a few pics from the ZP810 (same as Hero H7500+) though.

I've seen pics from the ZP980, and they look at least as good as from the H7500+/ZP810.
(2013-10-21, 21:00)CorvoNero Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'd like to ask you which Zopo has better camera, 810 or 980. I know that 810 has "only" 8 MP and 980 has 13 MP. But it isn't only about numbers. Do you have any experience with the pics from them? Or in general which one is your preference, pls? Thnx very much.

i think the photographs taken by 810 and 980 are the same because more megabyte of the camera doesn't make a thing.
That's correct, more megapixels doesn't necessarily mean better quality pics, but it doesn't necessarily mean equal or worse pics either.

My main concern was that the zp980 took worse pics than zp810, but after seeing some pics from zp980, I can confirm they're at least as good. Possibly better.
You are right, for example, my old zp200 with 8mp sony makes better pictures of my new zp980.
Hi
I would caution against a Zopo purchase!
Although Zopos look good on paper, Zopo is developing a reputation for producing some OK products but also some seriously buggy devices. Also, they all but ignore customer queries and fault reports ARE completely ignored.
However, what I think is worse is that it appears that faults are transmitted through their product range with customers of new designs reporting faults that are worryingly similar to those found in previous models.
Also, just look at the nonsense they have engaged in with the launch of the ZP998...

Have a look at
http://forum.zopomobileshop.com/forum.php
http://zopomobile.cn/forum/
To start have a look for GPS, microphone, failing cellular connection threads... they make sorry reading.
There is a saying developing which is: Zopo, at least Andriod works!

Take care Rolleyes
Welcome to the world of electronics. Google any brand, including Apple and Samsung and you'll find the same problems. That's why it's important to purchase from a reputable seller, so if there's a problem, you'll be able to return it for repair. Yes, we're responsible for shipping. That's the risk we take when purchasing electronics from overseas.
(2014-01-02, 13:54)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the world of electronics. Google any brand, including Apple and Samsung and you'll find the same problems. That's why it's important to purchase from a reputable seller, so if there's a problem, you'll be able to return it for repair. Yes, we're responsible for shipping. That's the risk we take when purchasing electronics from overseas.

Hmmmm,
I agree with you that all brands have some issues and that there is always a risk with any electronics purchase (or with the purchase of any product). That is, no manufacturer and/or manufacturing process is perfect, so there will be a proportion of any product line that will develop faults.
I also agree with the general view that purchasing (cheaply) from overseas includes increased risk with regard to a successful warranty/guarantee claim.

However, you appear to be assuming that I, and many like me all purchased cheap imports, that we did not purchase from a reputable local seller. While it is clear some customers did chose the "cheaper, higher risk" option, many chose to purchase from a branded and supposedly reputable local seller.
There also appears to be an assumption that a manufacturers branded local seller who is supported by the manufacturer will acknowledge claims for help, return and/or repair. Or that the local seller will even bother responding to an ever increasing number of customers trying to contact them via emails, forum posts, Skype calls, Facebook posts and messaging etc.
Or, for that matter the actual manufacturer will respond to an ever increasing number of help requests on their official forum.

So, yes faults occur.... $ยง%& happens... But what matters is the number and type of faults, what is done about them, how customers are treated and does the manufacturer continue selling products with faults they reasonably ought to have known about.

Regards...

P.s. I hope this post doesn't come across as being a bit pointed or rude, that is not my intention. Actually, I am finding this site/forum and those posting here quite helpful Big Grin
It's not rude at all. Thank you for posting here and we welcome the opinion.

I didn't assume you and others didn't purchase from a local reputable seller. I was merely mentioning that it's important to purchase from a reputable seller in case a legitimate warranty issue does come up.