www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Root MTK6589 vs Root MTK6589T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi!
Does anyone know if there is a difference between Star S5 MTK6589 and MTK6589T regarding rooting guides and software/roms etc.

In other words, can I use the MTK6589 guides and software for my Star S5 MTK6589T 1.5Ghz 2GB ram?

Great phone... Had some problems with wifi and gps though, but used Techdolph's videoguide on youtube to solve the problem. I also had som trouble with the proximity sensor, here i used engineer settings/ekstra/PSensor and calibrated it - now it all works like a charm...
I'm a Little annoyed that no covers are available for this phone, other than the "leathercase" that comes with it... Does anyone know of any silicone covers, for this phone...?

I noticed that others here in the forum had problems with 3g jumping between H H+ and 3g, I noticed mine is doing that too but it hasn't affected my webbrowsing etc. for some reason, yet...???

I want to root my phone, and maybe install custom roms - but I'm still looking for a sane reason to do that. I just came from a iPhone, so this is all new to me...Cool
There's no real reason to root unless you need it, or unless you just enjoy 'tinkering'. Root is for accessing your system partition for various purposes. Some apps, like Titanium backup, need it for certain functions, like restoring app data (just one example). There should be no danger in using the roots we have listed. So if you just want to do it for fun, don't be concerned about hurting anything.

If your firmware is otherwise okay, I recommend you download [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and Gravity Box to customize your current firmware, instead of installing a custom firmware. Make sure you have a backup available prior to installing xposed framework though.
Ok thank you Gizbeat, I will try those app's.
And I will look for some guides in how to use them, can you maybe point me in the right direction...?Blush
I'll be doing a writeup in the near future, but they're relatively straight forward.

Root your phone [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] if not already rooted.
1) [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] to your phone
2) Run / install
3) Open xposed and install the framework
4) Restart your phone
5) [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] apk
6) Run / install
7) Open xposed, tap 'modules'
8) Select gravity box
9) Restart your phone
10) Open gravity box and customize away
Great thanks...
I tried installing by following your guide, but when installing gravity box in modules it says : GravityBox system networks not responding... - what now???
I forgot a step. After installing xposed apk, did you open xposed and install the framework? It's a 2-step process.
Sorry, forgot another step as well. You will need to be rooted first. I'm usually rooted, so I sometimes forget to add root as a prerequisite for changes like this. Follow the root threads in the root forum first.

I guess here's your sane reason to root.Smile
Hehe, you are a good man Gizbeat. I'm learning every time something is missed.Cool
Now I need to learn how to root, there are a lot of guides out there. Which one is the best way to do it, and do I need to undo any of the things I just did now...?Big Grin
See my previous post. There's a link to the guide.
Oh damn, I totally missed the rooting part - sorry... I will follow that guide later this day, you're the greatest Gizbeat!
I will write back, when I have tried it out...
Pages: 1 2 3