www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Lenovo P780 or...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I'm no mobile expert but I'm keeping an eye on Lenovo P780.
Is this a good choice?
Can be easily rooted?
OS is only in English?
Are there custom ROMs?
I use Lenovo's PCs in daily work and I found them good products even entry-level ones... So I think that this smartphone could be good...
Other alternatives?
So many smartphones out there to view specs that I got an headache!
Something you have to know before suggesting is that I live in Italy, I need a Dual Sim phone, that I prefer >= 5 inch display and RAM should be 1 GB or more...

Thanks to everyone!
(2013-10-30, 06:30)Logharn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
I'm no mobile expert but I'm keeping an eye on Lenovo P780.
Is this a good choice?
Can be easily rooted?
OS is only in English?
Are there custom ROMs?
I use Lenovo's PCs in daily work and I found them good products even entry-level ones... So I think that this smartphone could be good...
Other alternatives?
So many smartphones out there to view specs that I got an headache!
Something you have to know before suggesting is that I live in Italy, I need a Dual Sim phone, that I prefer >= 5 inch display and RAM should be 1 GB or more...

Thanks to everyone!

1) Yes, you can't go wrong with Lenovo if you're NOT in N. America
2) Yes, very likely it can be easily rooted
3) Likely standard Android multi-lingual
4) Yes, there is MIUI, LeWa and probably others

Take a look at THL W200 (720p@[email protected]=Smoother gaming and overall experience, 8GB ROM), Zopo C2 (gorilla glass, several versions. Some have 16GB ROM and some 2GB RAM), Hero H7500+ as well for a bit cheaper model ($180 or so)

Thanks much for considering the sponsor.
Thanks Gizbeat but in the end I ordered the Lenovo on Merimobiles...
Waiting for the order to be shipped...
Waiting also for the duties "surprise" Crying
(2013-11-01, 01:17)Logharn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Gizbeat but in the end I ordered the Lenovo on Merimobiles...
Waiting for the orderv to be shipped...
Waiting also for the duties "surprise" Crying

This wasn't a bad decision at all. 4000mA battery. Wow.

Looking forward to a short review of it once it Arrives. Thumbs Up
I got one from merimobiles for my son because I felt sorry for him charging his phone almost twice a day and not being able to reach him very often. He uses whatsapp constantly to write to his girlfriend (not healthy I know) ALL day and now I see it lasting him 3 days or so. When it first came I charged it in the office to put on a new ROM and test it out etc . and it was about a week before he actaully started using it. That week with me fiddling round with it 1-2 hours a day without a sim in it with wifi constantly on, the charge was still 60% after 6-7 days .... pretty impressive.

It came with a weird Chinese mobile company ROM on it which you will probably have to change and which I think merimobiles should do in your stead. Apart from that, solid phone.