www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How I replaced my OGS LCD / Touchscreen / Glass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its quite easy to disassemble the phone as far as I had to do it (well at least compared to others).
But its a problem getting the glass I asked iNew & Firefly and some parts Dealers who carries the Touchscreen and LCD --> Nothing. Inew say "we put it up on the website soon" but if you investigate thats the answer for all spare part questions since month...
The glue:
Dont be tricked into buying the glue for $40 or so (e.g. the youtube video from this thread). Its easily available for $10 - $20, but buy enough ml to do the job (5-6 ?!) !
BUT i'd say its impossible to apply it without having some debris or dust specs buried in between the layers and thats not acceptable for me, so apart from not *getting* the glass i went another route by buying a complete unit from a defective phone...

Dissasebling until motherboard layer:
------------------------Disassembling iNew i6000 / Firefly V65------------------------
After you unscrewed all visible screws (about 14 ?!) AND removing SIM & micro SD card you can pretty easy open the back jacket which carries the battery etc..
When the screws are un-tightened, carefully from the front, with the help of your nails, detach the plastic frame (which holds the glass screen) from the screen by inserting your nails between the screen and the frame and push it back a little..you'll hear a clicking sound, in the same way move your nail around the complete glass screen perimeter and this procedure will separate the screen and the circuits from the plastic jacket..
Now you'll have remove the metallic shielding tape carefully which covers the microprocessor and other circuitry... (Take care with not ripping the camera LED flash, its just slightly glued to the tape).
You have to remove front & back camera (simply unplug their connectors and then they are loose. There are also 2 flat connectors for the various buttons, OPEN their connectors (the small from the front, the larger from the back) and you can remove the flat connectors without force.
Then you can unplug the LCD connector, unplug the SIM / microSD board and after that unplug the two button connectors.

Then you can see all 4 motherboard screws, unscrew them and you can remove the Motherboard without problems.
Thats as far as my work went as i exchanged the Motherboard and put it all together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So IF you get a front glass, please share with us where you got it.
I do not know how much your phone is damaged. Mine was "only" damaged cosmetically, the crack is nearly invisible if you looked at an 90degree angle on it. and you could hardly feel the crack with your fingertip.
But as i am such a visual person i have a zero tolerance against cracks / scratches/ dust / dead pixels / whatever....

Of course i can send you my unit if you want it and if you feel that yours is damaged much more. If interestet lets PM for hires photos and negotiations....

Greetings,

Ender
Hello dearest
please i have inew i6000 which i bought from aliexpress.com,when the phone arrived at my residence ,i found out that the back camera is not working so i want to sell it half of the price i bought it.
it cost me 320 dollars
THANKS
DANIEL