www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Do I need a rooted phone to change / adjust my DPI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I mean the thread regarding Windows 8 ADB Drivers... Not the post about flashing.

I assume you're using PDA Net drivers as well. Yes?
I had the same problem as you... but I got fed up and I ignored the fact that it would connect then disconnect (and stay disconnected), and tried flash tools anyway, and it worked... Just try.

Load the scatter file in flash tools, click Download at the top, then plug the phone into the comp (without battery).

Let us know if it goes through, stops, or gives you an error.

If anyone disagrees with my methods don't be scared to yell at me... lol.

edit* fyi when I plug my phone into my comp it doesn't show in device manager. What it does do is make the "usb plugged in sound", then the unplugged usb sound, then nothing. But, it does let me flash.
(2013-11-07, 01:22)bertmansk Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same problem as you... but I got fed up and I ignored the fact that it would connect then disconnect (and stay disconnected), and tried flash tools anyway, and it worked... Just try.

Load the scatter file in flash tools, click Download at the top, then plug the phone into the comp (without battery).

edit* fyi when I plug my phone into my comp it doesn't show in device manager. What it does do is make the "usb plugged in sound", then the unplugged usb sound, then nothing. But, it does let me flash.

I click F9, connect phone, phone disconnects and SP FLASH TOOL after 2 seconds bumps out 8038 error message Sad

SP FLASH TOOL recognizes correct COM port and it recognizes my phone...for that two seconds Sad

@GIzbet I used methods from that thread too Sad
Make sure you're running SP Flash Tool as Admin
(2013-11-07, 01:34)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you're running SP Flash Tool as Admin

Yep...running as admin Sad p.s. what OS are you running ?
I'm on Windows 7 64. You have tried PDA net ADB drivers, yes?
Yes, I did (installed them for root). I will try to switch to W7 and try there because W8 is driving me nuts Sad
(2013-11-07, 01:31)red dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-07, 01:22)bertmansk Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same problem as you... but I got fed up and I ignored the fact that it would connect then disconnect (and stay disconnected), and tried flash tools anyway, and it worked... Just try.

I click F9, connect phone, phone disconnects and SP FLASH TOOL after 2 seconds bumps out 8038 error message Sad

SP FLASH TOOL recognizes correct COM port and it recognizes my phone...for that two seconds Sad

u have an error message 8038, that is good, it means that u have installed the driver correctly

in the sp flash tool, after u scatter the file , then hit "firmware upgrade" then connect yr phone to the computer

good luck
(2013-11-07, 16:29)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-07, 01:31)red dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]

u have an error message 8038, that is good, it means that u have installed the driver correctly

in the sp flash tool, after u scatter the file , then hit "firmware upgrade" then connect yr phone to the computer

good luck

Just one question: When i click firmware update it says to me that all boxes need to be checked (i use ROM scatter file for cwm flashing). So I was wondering what should I delete in scatter file so I could be able to firmware update just that recovery part? Does anyone have that modified "just recovery" mt6589 scatter file?
(2013-11-08, 03:47)red dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-07, 16:29)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-07, 01:31)red dwarf Wrote: [ -> ]I click F9, connect phone, phone disconnects and SP FLASH TOOL after 2 seconds bumps out 8038 error message Sad

good luck

Just one question: When i click firmware update it says to me that all boxes need to be checked (i use ROM scatter file for cwm flashing). So I was wondering what should I delete in scatter file so I could be able to firmware update just that recovery part? Does anyone have that modified "just recovery" mt6589 scatter file?

I was lost with u , sorry

If u just want to flash the CWM recovery to yr phone.
create a folder "AAA" in yr computer
Download the recovery.zip file from the net/web, extract the recovery.img. and copy it to the folder "AAA"
then copy the file "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" to the folder "AAA"

then run the SP flash tool, scatter the file , then hit "download", then connect yr phone(without the battery) to the computer, then it will start to flash the recovery.img to yr phone
Pages: 1 2