www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: task manager dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After rooting, install CWM and change density my task manager (long press Home) is without funktion. Anybody has the same problem and how can i solve this?
Greetings, buddelflink!
I don't use that feature and had not heard of the issue prior to your post.
From what I found online, rebooting the phone has temporarily corrected the issue.
If I were troubleshooting the issue on my phone, I would approach it by backtracking my modification steps or completely taking the phone back to factory stock Android and test it thoroughly to see if the problem shows up without modification. If problem doesn't return then add one modification at a time, allowing a few days (or a week) to test each step. Maybe one (or combination) of your modifications has created a conflict.
If I find any related information, I'll post it for you. Please do the same to help anyone else who might experience the problem.
Best Wishes!!!
I have exactly the same problem, my only changes are rooting and DPI change. No new recovery. My guess is has something to do with the root/dpi change. One of them or the combination...

I solved my problem with my launcher, Nova Launcher. I can assign functions to the Home key and that fixed my issue.

Don't know if you are using the stock launcher or have switched to another one?
There's another workaround for this (sort of...). If you have Xposed & GravityBox installed you can assign any app to your home-button (so also any launcher). It will take you back to your launcher (just not the home screen of the launcher).
Another workaround is to install Xposed and GravityBox and activate the pie-control; you can get to task manager with pie control. So it's not taskmanager that is dead, it's probably the home button function.
(2013-11-20, 00:32)Squier Wrote: [ -> ]There's another workaround for this (sort of...). If you have Xposed & GravityBox installed you can assign any app to your home-button (so also any launcher). It will take you back to your launcher (just not the home screen of the launcher).

Thanks, this is the best solution! Long press Action was manipulated ("standard"). Now i have displayed my open apps again.

Before i have try the app "switchr" from xdadevelopers, but it's not so functionally.