www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Re THL W300 accessories.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't see any posts re the THL W300.
Does anyone know where I can get a battery charger and spare batteries for this phone, trawling the internet comes up with very few options.
Hi, Midjet! You can buy batteries at thlmobilemall.com if all else fails. i read some good reviews of Anker Astro Series chargers, but have no personal experience to share. If you do a search for "mobile battery charger," you should see plenty of results.
How do you like the W300?
Best wishes!!!
I have bought a battery charger which looked like it could expand to fit but was still to small.
I have also used anker batteries in my SGS2 and they have been fine so I like their products.
The battery in the W300 is massive....It would be useful to know if there are any other phones with the same sized 3300mAh battery to improve my chance of finding one at a decent price but yes perhaps I should use THLMobiles as at least the battery should be of good quality.
So far i like what I see with this phone. GPS works well once it gets it initial fix without having to have data and wifi (EPO) enabled.
Screen is very clear and responsive.
The only problem I have at present is that sometimes the screen starts blinking and going back to lock screen, not sure what is going on there.
Rooting it proved more difficult, one click method didn't work for me but [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] did work.
Have run Copilot with it successfully this morning.
Just need to find a decent recovery that works and is in English. Not bothered about Custom Roms, just want to be sure I can make a good clean backup.
I have seen some info about making my own CWM but do not feel confident enough to do that given that there is not enough support out there if I soft or hard brick it.
I'm pretty sure you'll receive a THL branded W300 battery from the source I suggest, but you can always ask them prior to purchase. I think you and I are speaking of 2 different styles of charger. Those I suggested aren't cradle style that hold the battery; They are portable units that connect to the phone via USB to provide extra power during use or recharge during standby/power-off. You actually could use it instead of a second battery.
Some of the strange display behavior seems to be solved with either a factory reset via the recovery utility or with a firmware change.
I see you found CWM for it, that's great! If THL doesn't have firmware updates posted, check needrom.com. Just make sure you read up on backup processes, flashing, etc. and make a restore plan so your well prepared. Take it at a comfortable pace and ask questions as needed. It can be a little intimidating, but most who do their homework don't have major problems.
The W300 is very similar to a variety of phones, so getting support (here for example) shouldn't be too difficult.
Cheers
I appreciate the support Smiling
In case your still on the hunt.
All my accessories come from DHgate.com including an orginal w300 battery.