www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: CWM Recovery.img for THL W300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is now available [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
How do I install it as it comes without any instructions and I don't want to brick my phone by guessing.
Thanks
Download MTK Droid Tools and PDA ADB Drivers and SP Flash Tool from the Root Sub-forums.

1. Install PDA Net Drivers
2. Make a scatter with MTK Droid Tools after installing PDA Net ADB drivers

Follow steps 5-9 here -> [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Alternatively, if you're already rooted, you can

1. install Mobile Uncle from Play
2. copy the recovery.img to SD
3. open Mobile Uncle and use it to install the recovery.
(2013-11-15, 16:44)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Alternatively, if you're already rooted, you can

1. install Mobile Uncle from Play
2. copy the recovery.img to SD
3. open Mobile Uncle and use it to install the recovery.

Thanks Gizbeat
I have managed to root the phone with [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] Smiling
So this is the info I needed.
I assume that as this has been released on the THL site this will work 100% and not brick my new phone?
(2013-11-15, 17:43)Midjet Wrote: [ -> ]I assume that as this has been released on the THL site this will work 100% and not brick my new phone?

You can assume it. But nobody can make you any guarantees. Chances are excellent you'll have no problems.

Please email me the recovery if you get a chance so I can post it for future users.
Thanks for the help Gizbeat as I was already rooted I have installed CWM recovery using Mobile Uncle.
So now I have two backups, one using MTK Droid tools on my PC and am now doing one from within CWM recovery
Hopefully that makes me fairly bulletproof if I decide to dabble with any custom roms that appear...but for now I am just grateful that I can install anything I fancy.