www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Modification MAC Address ZP980
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I've bougth 2 zopos ZP980 for my sons. They've arrived with the same Mac Address, so I can't connect them to LAN via WIFI at the same time. Iv'e rooted one of them and tried to spoof the mac with app's as MAC gosth, but no way, does not work.

Any idea? A helping hand will be welcome.

Thanks.
Hi Turiendo, if you didn't already fix this, please try this tutorial and let us know how it works out.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-11-18, 21:41)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thanks a lot I'll try and I'll be back with the result.
Hi, Gizbeat,
i followed all the steps indicated on the tutorial, no trouble to apply, but, when i rebooted the phone the old Mac Address was there again ¡¡¡
So, what i did was modify the rights of file WIFI :
old : rw- rw- ---
new: r-- r-- ---
This time i rebooted and obviously, i had my mac address modified ¡¡¡¡
But i wonder if maybe by doing this there will be others collateral damages i can't imagine. Any idea?
Anyway, thanks for the helping hand ¡¡¡ Big GrinBig Grin
(2013-11-19, 18:12)turiendo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Gizbeat,
i followed all the steps indicated on the tutorial, no trouble to apply, but, when i rebooted the phone the old Mac Address was there again ¡¡¡
So, what i did was modify the rights of file WIFI :
old : rw- rw- ---
new: r-- r-- ---
This time i rebooted and obviously, i had my mac address modified ¡¡¡¡
But i wonder if maybe by doing this there will be others collateral damages i can't imagine. Any idea?
Anyway, thanks for the helping hand ¡¡¡ Big GrinBig Grin

Hmmm... It's very interesting. I believe the proper permissions are rw- rw- ---, but if wifi is working fine on the phone, there's nothing to worry about. There certainly won't be any damage to the phone.

If issues with wifi happen in the future, you'll know this is a possible reason, but don't concern yourself with it unless you have some future issues.