www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Location of gps.conf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys,

Where is the gps.conf:

root@android:/ # busybox find / -name gps*
/system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
/sys/devices/virtual/gpsdrv
/sys/devices/virtual/gpsdrv/gps
/sys/class/gpsdrv
/sys/class/gpsdrv/gps
/dev/gps
root@android:/ #

I need to add some stuff there to make it work better.
(2013-04-05, 20:24)saafi Wrote: [ -> ]Guys,

Where is the gps.conf:

root@android:/ # busybox find / -name gps*
/system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
/sys/devices/virtual/gpsdrv
/sys/devices/virtual/gpsdrv/gps
/sys/class/gpsdrv
/sys/class/gpsdrv/gps
/dev/gps
root@android:/ #

I need to add some stuff there to make it work better.

Hi,
there are some solution to get better gps quality.
You can try out "Pimp my ROM" at playstore which lets you customize your phone in many different ways or you only want to enhance your gps (gps.conf), you can try out "FasterGPS" wich gives you the opinion to specify your continent and region (exp. Europe/France)
use 3g patch so all your problem will fix
(2013-04-05, 22:44)dikizahrudin Wrote: [ -> ]use 3g patch so all your problem will fix

I already did that but it seems there is no improvements. I will create some gps.conf-s on my own
Install MobileUncle MTK Tools, start "Power GPS Search", then a new gps.conf will be generated in /etc/ ... normally ;)
Here is my gps.conf ...

extract and copy to /system/etc and edit your location. my location is DE and i have fix after 10 seconds with 14 feet accuracy Smiling
(2013-04-07, 17:24)ChrisX Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
and select your country and install with cwm
(2013-04-07, 23:54)kamillo67 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
and select your country and install with cwm

The "FasterGPS" app takes about 5 seconds as suggested by ahorntaler and is the best solution in my opinion. It will create the gps.conf with your country and save you about 5 steps as opposed to manually injecting a pre-created gps.conf.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
very useful information, now I set my gps
Also, it's important to turn on AGPS and EPO. You do this by going to Location settings and touch the "GPS Satellites" options (the white text, not the switch) and then marking the optons in there.
Pages: 1 2