www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Ubuntu smartphone available yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. This is my first post. I was wondering if any smartphones were available with Ubuntu os for smartphones yet? I thought it was available for manufacturers in October, 2013. I am thinking of holding off on the purchase of my next phone until it is available but how long will it be? Does anyone here know?
Greetings, sparker1, and welcome to the forum!
Ubuntu has no official release date for specific phone hardware at this time. For now it remains in the development/testing phase, but it is available for anyone to download; It's only officially supported as compatible for Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 at this time.
Just from a general technology standpoint, I always recommend waiting a few release cycles before investing in anything involving new software/hardware integration. Chances of getting it right on the first (or 2nd) attempt is rarely successful, which means your investment becomes more of a test project than a fully functional piece of equipment.
Regardless, I wish you the best and hope to see you around the forum!
Thumbs Up