www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK6589 Drivers not compatible with Windows 8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like drivers are not compatible with Windows 8. Setting up a Win7 virtual machine to get this flashed
(2013-04-05, 22:48)kuroyume Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like drivers are not compatible with Windows 8. Setting up a Win7 virtual machine to get this flashed

It should work with W8, but you must disable digital driver signing! Then install driver manually in device manager, all you need is to search the *.inf from W7 folder.
Disabled digital signing, still not working on win8. Will try to do it via virtual machine
hmmm... interesting... i get the same error when using win7. I install the drivers, plug the phone in with USB debugging turned on, windows says it's installing drivers, and when it is finished i have a device called "Z800H" that says it has no driver. When i try to install the driver by pointing it to the .inf, it says it didn't find any driver.
(2013-04-06, 03:49)kuroyume Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm... interesting... i get the same error when using win7. I install the drivers, plug the phone in with USB debugging turned on, windows says it's installing drivers, and when it is finished i have a device called "Z800H" that says it has no driver. When i try to install the driver by pointing it to the .inf, it says it didn't find any driver.

Kuroyume,

If you're the cautious sort, I'll give you a couple things to try. If you haven't already done so, reset your computer and your phone and see if that makes a difference.

Try downloading MTK Droid Tools. See if it can read a scatter map from your device. If it can, you're likely good to go.

In the end, you can try "Firmware Upgrade" flashing the ROM anyways. If there's some problem with the tool interacting with the phone, you'll get an error or Flash Tool will just sit there and continue to wait for the proper signal.

Let us know the result.
Thanks for tips Gizbeat, but i already fixed it Big Grin

Someone on a spanish forum suggested trying to use the pdanet installer to install the generic adb drivers and that did the trick. If there's interest i can upload the installer somewhere.
Excellent find Kuro. Previously pdanet drivers weren't working. I just now searched out a changelog for Android, but only turned up the iOS PDAnet changelog. I assume they've gotten on the ball and upgraded to include MTK6589 as well. I will update the tutorial. If anyone's having issues getting the MTK6589 to load, try these [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].