www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: inew i6000 1/16 Problem with not working back and option buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have the same problem with no working buttons, they have stopped working since two days ago, The reason i suppose might be the low internal memory and while i started to move the data to SD card they button problems started, phone was hanging on once and after i took out the battery and switch on the phone the buttons were not working yet. I sucessfully installed inew i6000 20130911 firmware and they still do not work Sad Please help me with the solution since the phone is barely one month old. Appreciate you help on this, Thank you in advance.
Greetings, cws1, and welcome to the forum!
Sorry to read of the problem with your i6000.
First and foremost, have you contacted the shop from which you purchased the i6000 to notify them of the problem? If not, you should email them to create a record of contact in case you need to have it replaced under warranty. If you are able to find a fix, that's great, but you need to make certain you protect your investment.
What firmware build was originally installed on phone and did you create a full stock firmware backup prior to the problem?
Did you wipe all data/cache/dalvik cache before or during the flashing process? This can also be done using CWM recovery and there are CWM installation instructions in the i6000 threads. I would suggest trying that if you're uncertain they were cleared.
Best wishes and keep us updated!!!
previous ROM:
i6000 Stock Rom Aug.7th Build download link

current ROM:
i6000 Stock Rom Sept. 11th Build download link

Buttons were stopped working even before the upgrade of firmware.

I downloaded CWM recovery file from this thread [How-To] Installing CWM on the iNew i6000

while trying to run it through MobileUncle Tools it says "Root your android first"

is there a simple guide to root inew i6000?

thank you
For root, please see the sticky in the root forum.

If they stopped working, even though you didn't make any mods to your phone and you've factory reset and tried different firmwares and they're still not working, this is most likely hardware related. Contact your seller and get it replaced/fixed. I hope you used a reputable seller.

The alternative if you don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back is to use virtual on-screen buttons. They can be enabled using this tutorial -> [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]