www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: S5 Butterfly 3G not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I have a brand new S5 Butterfly MTK6589T running Android 4.2.8
It recognises my mobile operator correctly but will not run 3G. I understand that this a previously discussed problem but I just cannot find any solution. Is there a latest MauMeta 3G fix that maybe someone else used successfully with Android 4.2.8?

Please help me out as i like this phone and would be a shame to send it back.

Also is there any way to fix the Wlan MAC address?

Thank for your help.
As far as I know, there's no Android 4.2.8. This is likely spoofed.

Where are you located? If you're in America, you may not be getting 3G if you're not on AT&T or AT&T MVNO or if the phone doesn't have 850MHz WCDMA.

If the MAC address is constantly changing, please [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

If you're getting a MAC address NVRAM ERR = 0x10 . You can fix the MAC address by following [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-11-28, 22:26)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

If you're getting a MAC address NVRAM ERR = 0x10 . You can fix the MAC address by following [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hi Gizbeat,
Thank you for your feedback.

I did not realise that Android 4.2.8 does not exist. You are right it must be spoofed.
Something didn't seem right as i had a lot of problem getting MauiMeta program to connect to the phone. Even then it got errors and wasn't successful.

I am based in the UK. As things stand at the moment i only get roaming services with the phone. The dealer however has good ratings on Amazon and has offered me a replacement or a refund. It's decision time and I shall return the phone but cannot decide on a refund or replacement ? I can either wait for the next gen phones or buy an alternative for now. What phone would you or anyone else recommend with same specifications ie MTK6589T but one that works reliably?

Thanks again
Sorry for the late reply. Generally star is okay and we've had users who really liked their Star S5.

Check your APN settings. This is a very possible source of the problem. Make sure they are correct for your carrier.

You can also try different firmware. Make sure it won't void the warranty though.

I'd recommend any Zopo or THL that catches your eye and is in your price range if you return the S5. If you'll never travel to the Americas, or don't care about having 3g in Americas, take a look at Jiayu as well.
(2013-11-30, 01:33)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the late reply. Generally star is okay and we've had users who really liked their Star S5.

Check your APN settings. This is a very possible source of the problem. Make sure they are correct for your carrier.

You can also try different firmware. Make sure it won't void the warranty though.

I'd recommend any Zopo or THL that catches your eye and is in your price range if you return the S5. If you'll never travel to the Americas, or don't care about having 3g in Americas, take a look at Jiayu as well.

Thanks again and no worries about late reply.
I have requested a replacement phone with a valid firmware. See how that goes.
I'll keep you posted when next one comes through.

For the future i'll keep any eye on the Zopo ZP998.
(2013-11-30, 03:29)Dalk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-30, 01:33)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the late reply. Generally star is okay and we've had users who really liked their Star S5.

If you still have the phone, really recommend you check APN. This is a more likely source of the problem as opposed to firmware or baseband. It only takes a few seconds to check it and make changes.
(2013-11-30, 11:56)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-30, 03:29)Dalk Wrote: [ -> ]

If you still have the phone, really recommend you check APN. This is a more likely source of the problem as opposed to firmware or baseband. It only takes a few seconds to check it and make changes.
Too late. I had already sent it back by the time i saw your post. But i am sure to have checked it previously and it was correct.
Thanks anyway. Your input has been much appreciated.
You got it man. Hope to see a review of the new phone when it comes in. Did you end up going with Butterfly S5 again? Or choose a different model?
(2013-11-30, 19:46)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]You got it man. Hope to see a review of the new phone when it comes in. Did you end up going with Butterfly S5 again? Or choose a different model?
This is the fun part. Lol. The seller was honest said that a replacement could take 20 plus days. So i opted for a refund.
Once that comes through I have to scratch my head because the Moto G is also banging on the door so hard! lol.
Well let us know what you end up with. The Moto G gets some good reviews but can't say it'd be a phone I'd end up choosing. Sealed battery and 4.5" and a bit... nondescript. But I can see the allure of wanting something with a local warranty and very well-known branding behind it.
Pages: 1 2