www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Higher-res Avatars Uploaded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Originally the thread display size of avatars was limited to 80px. So that's what I saved the androids as. A long while back I increased the limit to 90px, so they then ended up looking slightly pixelated. I've now re-sized them from the originals to fit the current avatar display size.

Unfortunately, this wasn't planned, and since it's been done piecemeal, (created 30 here, 50 there, etc...) some of the droids have been lost in the mix (about 30). I still have the missing droids at 80px though, so if you're missing your droid, let me know and I'll reupload it for you.

Also, the numbers have changed, so you surely will find yourself with a new droid. Check the 'change avatar' option in user control panel to change it back to what it was previously if you want, and as I said, if you don't find the droid you had, let me know and I'll re-upload it.

See the pic for the missing droids.

Also, there are 110 (-30 missing = +80) new droids I created to choose from. Check them out.

This shouldn't happen again, as I've got it a bit more organized now. Sorry for any inconvenience. Believe it or not, I've invested about 15-20 hours creating these droids and getting them properly edited, crunched and uploaded.
I used some avatar-maker app for mine, then uploaded it. What did you use for these?
Any chance we could have a link to something so newcomers could build their own?
That would be great if people want to build their own or upload their own avatar of any type. The program used to make them is Androidify on Google Play.

I then transfer them to computer and use a PhotoShop batch script to remove the background and the shadow, and shrink it down and save it as a .png. Then IrfanView to compress the .png. If just making one, the process should be a lot simpler. No need for a batch script. No real need for compressing it in IrfanView unless it's bigger than the allowed KB.
being lazy and if it helps others, I chose another way

google search terms = free avatars 100x100

at each site, open a target image in a new tab as a view image
----depends on web browser

(I am right handed)
right hand click on image and select "view image info"
----depends on browser

2) If above fails, save the target image and view its size in file manager
---must be max of 12 kilobytes

good luck

example of too much info making it too big to use
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

example of small size but too ugly for my purposes
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Admin has instructed me to note that the avatar size is just a guideline for newer users. If a user has 100+ posts, we can negotiate it up to 20kb. Just email the avatar to [email protected] with your username.