www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK6572 3G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hello all
i have korea phone mtk6572 that use moly.wr8.w1315.md.wg.mp.v4 using 4.2.2 android
is this modem support for 3G? cause i cannot lock the wdma only feature, always back to gsm only
(2013-12-02, 03:51)bigboy16 Wrote: [ -> ]hello all
i have korea phone mtk6572 that use moly.wr8.w1315.md.wg.mp.v4 using 4.2.2 android
is this modem support for 3G? cause i cannot lock the wdma only feature, always back to gsm only

Hey,

Yes. It should. The bigger question is - does the phone itself support 3G and if so, what frequencies? What country are you in?

Is the phone connecting with 3G at all? Or never?
(2013-12-02, 12:55)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey,

Yes. It should. The bigger question is - does the phone itself support 3G and if so, what frequencies? What country are you in?

i think the problem in modem.img itself, in this phone the modem name is modem_1_2g_n.img, iam on middle east now, yes in 3g coverage, cause i use another phone use 3g also

can i edit this modem image? cause i search so many time for how to do that and i cannot find it.
(2013-12-02, 12:55)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey,

The phone never connect 3g
when i try to change to wcdma only it will be back to gsm only, iam on middle east and yes on 3g coverage, cause i use another phone for 3g also.

is it the problem on modem image file?
is there any way to edit modem image? cause in my phone the modem image name is Modem_1_2g_n.img
I really doubt it's an issue with the modem.img.

The phone may not have any 3G radios at all. How much did you pay for it?

Also, check your APN is set properly -> [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] . This is very important.
(2013-12-02, 19:10)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] . This is very important.

i pay for $180
how we can check the radio support 3g or not?
Okay,

If you paid $180 and bought it from a reliable seller, it probably has WCDMA. Did they advertise it to have WCDMA?

Did you check the APN yet?
(2013-12-02, 19:21)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Okay,

If you paid $180 and bought it from a reliable seller, it probably has WCDMA. Did they advertise it to have WCDMA?

yes, they advertise for wcdma

i already check the apn, my apn setting is seeting refers to my isp. but still cannot change to 3g
(2013-12-02, 19:25)bigboy16 Wrote: [ -> ]

i already check the apn, my apn setting is seeting refers to my isp. but still cannot change to 3g

It's not only about ISP. You must make sure all settings are correct for your carrier. What carrier do you use? If you can't find the correct information regarding APN settings for them, you should call them to check what the appropriate settings are.
(2013-12-02, 19:29)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-02, 19:25)bigboy16 Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not only about ISP. You must make sure all settings are correct for your carrier. What carrier do you use? If you can't find the correct information regarding APN settings for them, you should call them to check what the appropriate settings are.

They use WCDMA 1900 and 2100
they already set the apn same like as samsung device
Pages: 1 2 3