www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Tutorial] Backup MTK6592, MTK6589, MTK6577 and all MTK Phones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
My backup is taken forever to finish.
at the moment is doing the system.ext4.tar but has been for over 60 minutes.
is that normal?
Can i stop the process without any worries?
Thanks.
That's not very normal at all. Yes, you can stop that process. It won't hurt your phone. It's just reading that data from it.
(2014-03-15, 23:56)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]That's not very normal at all. Yes, you can stop that process. It won't hurt your phone. It's just reading that data from it.
I'm trying it again. Could this be because I have TWRP instead of CWM?
No, it wouldn't be because of that.

Make sure you have 1gb or more free on the PC drive your mtk droid tools is on. Also make sure you have 1gb or more free on your SD card in phone.

Let us know how that works for you.
(2014-03-16, 00:36)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]No, it wouldn't be because of that.

Make sure you have 1gb or more free on the PC drive your mtk droid tools is on. Also make sure you have 1gb or more free on your SD card in phone.

Let us know how that works for you.
All done now. It took 11 minutes only.
I've noticed, during the process, a folder was created in the external card called clockworkmod/backup/"date-time"/ with a md5, system.ext4.tar, boot.img and recovery.img.
Many thanks for the help.
I was able to do a backup using MTKdroid Tools prior to rooting the phone. Just wondering why in most of the tutorials on backup using MTKdroid Tools which I have come across mentioned rooted phone is required.
Root shell is required for the backup. If MTK droid tool can acquire root shell without the phone first be rooted, then yes, you can do the backup. But many phones it's not possible.
(2014-03-10, 06:18)fanfan7110 Wrote: [ -> ]hi !

When i click in "prepare block for flash tools" i have this answer :

Preparation of files for FlashTool is impossible, file isn't found : C:\Users\jfrancois\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (3)\MtkDroidTools\backups\N7892_140104_backup_140309-230110\MT65??_Android_scatter*.txt

an idea ?

Hi all, i'm new in this forum,
meanwhile, i got the same "error message" as above,
anybody could give any enlightment?

Thanks Wink
I done a backup using the tutorial, after flashing another rom that didn't work used the files from the folder (!Files_to_FlashTool) to flash back but the phone is now with the basic apps, wallpaper, etc like if I had done a factory reset.

Is the MTKdroid backup supposed to save everything or not? Thanks.
(2014-03-16, 13:48)NexusTrix Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10