www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Share a bit about yourself. Here's my snake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would be awesome if we could get a few posts in the off topic forum. I'm going to share a bit about myself...

I'm a big fan of constrictors. Especially boas. This is a picture of 'Freddy'... A boa of mine from the past. Who unfortunately is dead now. Absolutely gorgeous snake. He was a 'super hypomelanistic' . Happened across a zip of pictures of him and man he was awesome looking. One of the nicest looking hypo boas I've ever seen. Last pick is of him at a bit over a year old. Amazing color.

While I was in Thailand, His caretaker put him in to breed with a female and didn't watch carefully. Next morning when he went to check on them, she'd ended up killing him. Well, RIP Freddy. Puppy Eyes
(2013-12-07, 03:09)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Would be awesome if we could get a few posts in the off topic forum. I'm going to share a bit about myself...

I'm a big fan of constrictors. Especially boas. This is a picture of 'Freddy'... A boa of mine from the past. Who unfortunately is dead now. Absolutely gorgeous snake. He was a 'super hypomelanistic' . Happened across a zip of pictures of him and man he was awesome looking. One of the nicest looking hypo boas I've ever seen. Last pick is of him at a bit over a year old. Amazing color.

While I was in Thailand, His caretaker put him in to breed with a female and didn't watch carefully. Next morning when he went to check on them, she'd ended up killing him. Well, RIP Freddy. Puppy Eyes

So sorry to hear about that Sad
I just knew that female boa can kill her inmate.
AFAIK : Usually two male fighting each other to breed w one female (like u can see @ NAT Geo Smiling

Back to myself : I'm IT guys who is trying to be an online entrepreneur. Just realized the real opportunity to do so... still learning..still struggling..but exciting Smiling
Because they're in an enclosed space, it's really necessary to keep a good eye on them until they start the breeding process, or at least for the first few hours. It's always better to have an aggressive male and a passive female, but Freddy was a very docile boa.

I've got another project going as well. Unfortunately the same guy who take care of the Freddy took care of her as well and she was very underfed. She was the size of a yearling after 3 years. She's been with someone else for about 9 months now and hopefully we can get her up to size for next breeding season. They've been a relatively sizable investment, stunted by the the first caretaker. This sucks Hope we can finally get some results next year.

You going to share your entrepreneurial secrets? Vampire