www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: I have a D2 MTK6572 and have no clue what it's cloning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this D2 MTK6572:

But my only problem is I would like to change the screen on it (if that's even possible)
Does anyone know the phone it's cloning so I can figure out if the parts are interchangeable. The reason I want to "upgrade" my screen is because it's got some random touch response wonkiness going on from time to time and fortunately I have a stylus for some of that. I really dont want to HAVE to use a stylus because my screen is weird sometimes.
since this is a new phone, it will be difficult to find the correct part for it. you can contact the seller see if they will accept return if it's not too late. you can also ask them if they have a way to purchase the spare part. normally only the most popular phones have replacement parts available.

you're not the only one with this problem with the D2, it's happening with many people, so probably a new touchscreen won't fix the issue. it's likely a ROM or driver bug or possibly an issue on the mainboard.

you can try to factory reset and see if there's new ROM available for your phone. if it doesn't work, contact customer service.
(2013-12-09, 13:05)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]since this is a new phone, it will be difficult to find the correct part for it. you can contact the seller see if they will accept return if it's not too late. you can also ask them if they have a way to purchase the spare part. normally only the most popular phones have replacement parts available.

you're not the only one with this problem with the D2, it's happening with many people, so probably a new touchscreen won't fix the issue. it's likely a ROM or driver bug or possibly an issue on the mainboard.

you can try to factory reset and see if there's new ROM available for your phone. if it doesn't work, contact customer service.

Thanks for that advice! I did track down the legit counterpart. It's the Huawei Ascend D2. It looks the same but it appears like the buttons are Samsung style.