www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Download Mode or Service Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been reading and trying anything and everything to get to the download mode for a GT-I9500
Android 4.2.2 that I picked up from China. No matter what I try i just can't seem to get to download mode to root the thing. I have a verizon ac and their system is not recognising my imei numbers (this phone has 2)

Any ideas?

I also thought maybe if I just unlock it that may work but can't seem to get to the service mode to do so.

This is what I used to access the service menu *#27663368378#

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Hi there,
You said you've got a "GT-I9500" but that doesn't really give us any information.
Where did you buy it, do you have a link to the website or a picture so we can see what kind of device you have?

I don't really know what you are trying to do with the verizon account but it has nothing to do with rooting this phone.

Since it has 2 imei numbers and thus sims I'm making the assumption that you have a MT6589 device, it's probably not a galaxy S4, it just has the same typename(GT-I9500) and, probably, the same looks.
Look in the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] for a rooting method for MT6589, just pick one and follow the instructions.
To get into "download mode" or flash mode just run SP flash tools, pull out your battery, plug in your phone and put the battery back in again.

Let me know if you came any further.
Is this an MTK phone? If so, you can change the IMEI with MTK Droid Tools after you've rooted. Follow the sticky in the root forum to get rooted, then download and run MTK Droid Tools.
(2013-12-12, 01:32)MaxP101 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] for a rooting method for MT6589, just pick one and follow the instructions.
To get into "download mode" or flash mode just run SP flash tools, pull out your battery, plug in your phone and put the battery back in again.

Let me know if you came any further.

Hi there, Thanks for the input. I'm not sure where to confirm that it is an MT6589 but I betting that you are correct. It looks like a galaxy 4 but it's not. I bought it out of China.

As for the Verizon issue. They are telling me that it will never work of the system because they can recognise the imei numbers. I don't really buy that though. I will try what you suggested about the download with the sp flash tool and let you know if it worked.

Thank you.

(2013-12-12, 21:56)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Is this an MTK phone? If so, you can change the IMEI with MTK Droid Tools after you've rooted. Follow the sticky in the root forum to get rooted, then download and run MTK Droid Tools.

I'm not sure if it is but certainly may be. If I ever get it to root then I will try the droid tool. thank you. I will let you know how it turns out.