www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Zopo ZP980
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
Just got the phone in yesterday. Its beautiful. Well built and excellent display and response. It's 1.5Ghz processor version with 2Gb Ram and 32G Rom.
Android 4.2.1.
Kernel ver 3.4.5 &
Build 20130818 - 173942

This is my second chinese phone. First one was a star s5 which i sent back as would not connect in roaming mode only.
So i spent a bit more and got a better quality phone. But the ZP980 is let down by connection problems as well. There is 3G connection but only for 10mins or so and then switches over to roaming. A 'R' appears on the signal bars.

I contacted my network provider T-Mobile and went through all the APN settings and changed as necessary. But no luck. To get back a connection i go into settings
More -->Mobile Networks-->Network operators-->Automatically choose preferred network. Signal comes back on. But data connection goes off as well. So have to update that as well.

There are lots of people having similar issues with this phone on many forums but there seems to be no permanent solution. Some people have to keep taking the battery out to reset signal.

Anyone on this forum got any clues please? It's really a beautiful phone. Well manufactured ,slim ,light and very responsive. Would recommend to anyone but only with caution.
I haven't GPS etc for any other problems yet. I one to fix this issue first.
So please help me anyone who may know how.
Thanks.
Well is the network seeing you okay? Or are they seeing you as roaming? If it's just showing roaming, that's not a problem.

Make sure you're on the latest firmware as well.
(2013-12-15, 00:24)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Well is the network seeing you okay? Or are they seeing you as roaming? If it's just showing roaming, that's not a problem.

Make sure you're on the latest firmware as well.

Hi Gizbeat,
Nice to hear from you.
I have the latest firmware.
When there is no 'R' on signal bars i can use the phone as normal ie make calls and sms. As soon as the 'R' appears then a warning comes up that the call or sms will be in roaming mode and may incur charges.
Thanks
(2013-12-15, 00:56)Dalk Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-12-15, 00:58)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Not bothered with message as long as i get fast connection. Being local and not overseas, I won't incur charges. I'll checkout what you saying. But why do i loose network operator and 3g connection according to setttings?
Thanks
(2013-12-15, 01:30)Dalk Wrote: [ -> ]Not bothered with message as long as i get fast connection. Being local and not overseas, I won't incur charges. I'll checkout what you saying. But why do i loose network operator and 3g connection according to setttings?
Thanks
Okay, I wasn't aware you were losing the connection. When it gives you the roaming warning, do you allow?
(2013-12-15, 01:32)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-15, 01:30)Dalk Wrote: [ -> ]Not bothered with message as long as i get fast connection. Being local and not overseas, I won't incur charges. I'll checkout what you saying. But why do i loose network operator and 3g connection according to setttings?
Thanks
Okay, I wasn't aware you were losing the connection. When it gives you the roaming warning, do you allow?
heres the message:
the sim card that you are about to use is now roaming. No local SIM is available now. Would you like to continue?
works ok but in settings Data connection is now 'off'
Make sure data roaming is enabled in settings

Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Select Data Roaming
Done that. I have the option to turn off roaming message but leave it for now just to monitor progress.
I am going out now and will be interesting to see how signals behave in another city.

I'll keep you posted.
Thanks
(2013-12-15, 02:07)Dalk Wrote: [ -> ]Done that. I have the option to turn off roaming message but leave it for now just to monitor progress.
I am going out now and will be interesting to see how signals behave in another city.

I'll keep you posted.
Thanks
Okay here's an update...
Not much difference apart from picking up a stronger 3G signal that was showing up on the signal bar.
The underlying problem is loosing Network operator. Regardless of Roaming being on or off when i go into settings and select the option to 'choose automatically' the message 'network registered' appears. The roaming 'R' disappears from the signal bar and i get normal connections. Also it does not matter whether Data connection or Roaming are turned on or off. Once the network gets registered evrything works fine.!
Can anyone make sense why this phone keeps loosing network registeration?
Is this a hardware, setting or firmware issue?
Thanks
Pages: 1 2