www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Lenovo Yoga 8: tools, info, rooting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, don't know how to start this thread, even I don't know if any is interested in this tablet... Well, I'll start a new thread to learn more about it.

Some Facts: Lenovo Yoga 8 (B6000-H), MTK 8369 quad core 1.2 GHz (Antutu thinks it's a MT8125 ???, MTK-Tools cries ATTENTION! Fake Hardware in kernel or firmware doesn't correspond to phone! Listed as MT6589...), 1GB Ram, 16GB ROM, OS 4.2.2, 8" screen with 1280*800 pixels, IPS display, GPS, 3G, a really huge 6000 mA battery and a clever design. (more details on Lenovo web page [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] )

Rooting: Tried Framaroot (didn't work with the latest update), tried motochopper (didn't work), tried free "Kingo Android Root" and got root.

Xposed network installs fine, Gravitybox is a must for me and it works, the battery lost about 40% in 5 hours work non stop, GPS is unusual fast and the IPS screen looks good.

Why do I write here in this forum? This Tablet is branded with an international brand name. Nevertheless the box tells me: Country origin (4L) Origin (CN) made in China, manufactured for lenovo PC HK Limited, does that count?

Apart from those little hassles this tablet is the best ting I bought in years and I wanted to let you know about it ;-)
I fully agree. Since a week I own the same device. B6000-H.

Have rooted with Kingo, xposed and gravity box, etc. works perfect!

Now I have discovered there is a version available with data and voice enabled: B6000-HV. My device has already everything needed for voice service I suppose: SIM card, microphone, speaker or headset. So I assume the only difference is in the build.

Does anybody have an idea how to upgrade this device from being a B6000-H to a B6000-HV?