www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: broken charger chip (micro usb)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a question do anyone know were i can get the charger chip with the micro usb connector on it mine chip is broken and now i cant charge the phone anymore.
the little pins of the connector are broken on chip

[Image: uxni.jpg]

i have already to try to solder the connector but its to little to repair
You'll have to purchase the whole piece. That will be difficult to find even if it's a popular model phone. The alternative is to buy an extra battery and use an external charger. I do that regardless. Makes life much easier not being tied to the charger.
Youtube has many videos showing the bad design of the (female) micro-usb port, which must be physically cleaned (very difficult!) regularly. It happens to all models, all brands.

I've order a hot-air soldering station (less than $70 US) to remove the damaged/ dirty female-port on the motherboard, plus extra new chips to hot-solder the replacement female-port.

Female-port micro-usb of the phone has other uses besides battery charging.

Repair it. I bought a hot-air solder/ desolder gun, new for about $70 US.

Female-port micro-usb is a design fault of a bad ISO committee. In the 1980's I served on one of their committees. Youtube has many videos on this. All brand, all models which use the female-port micro-usb port have this fault.

Chief Information Officer Retired, 1984
Australian Capital Territory
(2013-12-19, 13:44)Khonshu Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to purchase the whole piece. That will be difficult to find even if it's a popular model phone. The alternative is to buy an extra battery and use an external charger. I do that regardless. Makes life much easier not being tied to the charger.

I bought replacement micro-sd sockets to mount on the motherboard. They are very cheap, & come in many varieties. eBay has them. Soldering & desoldering is very easy with the right equipment. My new workstation for this has other uses as well: shrink-rap tubing heating, hot-gun glue heating, etc; as well as normal soldering & desoldering.

The special purpose battery charger units. The earlier mini-sized ones with onboard USB male connection for the power supply: waste of $ & time.

My last two plug-in to the power mains (110-240v AC) do really work. Cost from HongKong to Australia, including postage, about $2 US per unit. Both my units are different designs, from different retailers. No instructions in English. I can't read Chinese. But instructions are not needed. Both units stop charging when the battery is fully charged.

eBay: "Universal Wall Dock Battery Charger for Phone"
Hi

The micro-usb charger port on my iNew i6000 has stopped working. Could anyone tell me exactly which replacement port I can buy and how to change them? I am familiar with how to use a soldering iron. Thanks.