www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: what can i do with my new Shengda GT-I9500 MTK6582
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I bought this phone and i need to know what can i do. i haven't found plenty of info and i want to know:

Is it possible to change rom? ex: insert some s4 official rom or android 4.3 or cyanogen?!

what can i explore (easy doing, plz) lol

Thanks
tiaggor
(2013-12-22, 22:21)tiaggor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

I bought this phone and i need to know what can i do. i haven't found plenty of info and i want to know:

Is it possible to change rom? ex: insert some s4 official rom or android 4.3 or cyanogen?!

what can i explore (easy doing, plz) lol

Thanks
tiaggor
Hi, tiaggor!
It's very unlikely that you'll locate custom ROMs for your phone, but it doesn't do any harm to search. You may contact the supplier or manufacturer to ask if your phone is a clone of another make/model. If it is a clone, then you can widen your ROM search. Regardless of any desired modifications you wish to make, you need to do your homework and make certain you create a complete backup of your phone for security. Sometimes it's very difficult or impossible to locate an official ROM, which means that if you have a software problem that disables your phone (bricked or soft-bricked are terms used to describe) then you will have no ability to correct it. Learn about the tools used for customization and Android.... above all, backup the entire system! Don't make changes until you do!!!
Thank you very much for your answer! Yesterday with a youtube video i was able to root and i had sucess! Yes! Now i ll try to learn all the rest but there is no info online about this one..have you ever heard/read this name? The phone is cool but i don t like this rom. I would like to change it.

Thks
Tiaggor
You can search the web for phones having exactly the same specs. And try their roms. Needrom.com is one place you can search for roms.
(2013-12-24, 20:13)apple2005 Wrote: [ -> ]You can search the web for phones having exactly the same specs. And try their roms. Needrom.com is one place you can search for roms.

Ok so with any rom available for a MT6582 may i try?
Yes, if all the hardware is the same. Then you can install it.
Hi tiaggor, can you help me?? I need the original rom for this magnific phone, plis if you have a back up...
you can save my life and my cellphone......
thanks....