www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [CWM] iNew V3 CWM Recovery and Scatter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
The previous scatter was resulting in 8038 error. Have since remade the scatter with the newest version of MTK Droid Tools, and it should flash fine now.
You're talking about the v5(?) version (non-touch)? v6 Touch should work fine? Any preference over these two? Guess v6 is better, but to me it's more important to have a bug-free version, even if it's older. Can you update the link from the first post, so others don't have to mess around with MTK Droid Tools?

EDIT: This is the right one I suppose: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] ?
This is standard 5.5. Non-touch.

The link remains the same, but the files inside will change. I haven't changed it in the touch version yet. I limit my actions to one million things a day. Will get to it tomorrow.
(2014-01-04, 03:47)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]This is standard 5.5. Non-touch.

This version also has the problem of factory reset the same as CWM 6.0.4.4?
(2014-01-04, 15:29)luckebar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-04, 03:47)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]This is standard 5.5. Non-touch.

This version also has the problem of factory reset the same as CWM 6.0.4.4?

No, it shouldn't.

I haven't had time to debug that 6.0.4.4 touch recovery. I don't know if it's a fault of mine, or a fault of the recovery I adapted it from. No recovery should format /system. That is where the firmware is stored. It actually isn't a problem if you've got a backup of /system. Because you can just restore it. I was very lucky because truly I'd made an accidental backup. (I had hit 'Enter' button instead of 'Back Button' when exploring the touch recovery, and decided to just let it run).

The only thing factory reset does is format data and caches. So this can be manually done as well from the wipe menu with the touch recovery.