www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Umi Cross C1 observations & Query ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm finding the screen is not evenly lit but for me this is not a problem unless I look for it and most of the time you only notice it on a white screen. On Christmas day I spoke to my family using skype using the front facing camera over wifi and it worked flawlessly. Later on we did a test comparing the Sammy S3 and prev gen iPad front facing cameras and the C1 was definitely better.

Tested bluetooth to link to home stereo briefly to play music on device, absolutely no problems. There is supposed to be a Yamaha sound chip but I can't make up my mind whether sound is better compared to my Note 1 when playing MP3s.

Call quality is better than my now broken Note 1 for sure and the 2G and 3G I really can't fault. Used the 3G quiet a bit on Christmas day as the house we were visiting did not have wifi and with the exception of some periods downloads were really pretty good.

Haven't tested the GPS enough to pass a fair verdict. I did use it when I first got it and it jumped around a bit in Gmaps but I wonder if that was down to the fact I had put my 3G sim in the wrong slot so had no mobile broadband

Finding the phone is quiet slippery and the size adds to the problem so am eagerly awaiting a silicone cover for it.

Anyone found any english manuals for this phone?

ISSUES SO FAR:
One thing I've noticed is when I turn the phone on the pattern unlock screen is a bit sluggish and I have to re-enter to unlock.

I am also finding that when I use Google voice it really can't cope and never understands what I am saying. Never had these problems with previous phones so I'm a bit perplexed. I was thinking it might be down to processing power but it's a quad core. Anyone else have the same problems?