www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: help with root for MTK6582
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I rooted my gsm with vroot 1.6, but then I've uninstalled the chinese superuser app, and now it seems the phone is not rooted anymore. So i tried again to root it, but it seems a new version of vroot is out 1.7.2 and it seems to work, or at least does not give any error, but at the end the phone is not rooted and this chinese super user app is not installed at all. What I am missing? I've uninstalled vroot, and downloaded 1.5 version, but it seems that the PC has downloaded some upgrade files somewhere, and when I start Vroot, it says that it is version 1.7.2.
What to do now to root the device?
(2013-12-30, 00:49)trex Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] 1.6, but then I've uninstalled the chinese superuser app, and now it seems the phone is not rooted anymore. So i tried again to root it, but it seems a new version of [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] is out 1.7.2 and it seems to work, or at least does not give any error, but at the end the phone is not rooted and this chinese super user app is not installed at all. What I am missing? I've uninstalled [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], and downloaded 1.5 version, but it seems that the PC has downloaded some upgrade files somewhere, and when I start [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], it says that it is version 1.7.2.

It appears your having the same issue I'm having with my Timmy E82 phone. Your device isn't truly rooted. Likely its installed the su command but it didn't complete 100%.

Out of interest, answer the following:

1. What is make / model / brand of your phone?
2. If you install Root Checker from play store, what does it say?
3. What version of Android are you running on the device?
(2013-12-30, 19:01)Android-uk Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] 1.6, but then I've uninstalled the chinese superuser app, and now it seems the phone is not rooted anymore. So i tried again to root it, but it seems a new version of [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] is out 1.7.2 and it seems to work, or at least does not give any error, but at the end the phone is not rooted and this chinese super user app is not installed at all. What I am missing? I've uninstalled [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], and downloaded 1.5 version, but it seems that the PC has downloaded some upgrade files somewhere, and when I start [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], it says that it is version 1.7.2.

It appears your having the same issue I'm having with my Timmy E82 phone. Your device isn't truly rooted. Likely its installed the su command but it didn't complete 100%.

The gsm is chinese replica of Samsung Note 3
Model number: SM-N9000
Hardware: MT6582
Root Checker says: Sorry! This device does not have proper root access.
Android 4.3
Hy! Android-UK you can successfully root Timmy E82? I bought one. It arrived yesterday. I love it so much, but i can't root it. So if you can, please help me. Thanks and Happy New Year!
I guess I have same issue with my phone too.

I have a Lenovo s650 phone with mtk6582.

The seller told me it was rooted and it came with superuser app installed. But when I checked with root checker, it said I do not have root access!

Please help on how to root this phone.

Thanks.
Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Please follow the Gizbeat 101 Tutorial [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2014-01-17, 18:47)Naija1 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I have same issue with my phone too.

I have a Lenovo s650 phone with mtk6582.

The seller told me it was rooted and it came with superuser app installed. But when I checked with root checker, it said I do not have root access!

Please help on how to root this phone.

Thanks.

I have, sort of, how I don't know, think I modded boot.img to get it rootable, but I will be uploading a flashable rooted rom in the near future so watch this space.
(2013-12-30, 19:28)trex Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] 1.6, but then I've uninstalled the chinese superuser app, and now it seems the phone is not rooted anymore. So i tried again to root it, but it seems a new version of [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] is out 1.7.2 and it seems to work, or at least does not give any error, but at the end the phone is not rooted and this chinese super user app is not installed at all. What I am missing? I've uninstalled [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], and downloaded 1.5 version, but it seems that the PC has downloaded some upgrade files somewhere, and when I start [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register], it says that it is version 1.7.2.

The gsm is chinese replica of Samsung Note 3
Model number: SM-N9000
Hardware: MT6582
Root Checker says: Sorry! This device does not have proper root access.
Android 4.3
I suggest you try vroot, they recently updated it and it appears to work better

Here's what I did:

1. Create a CWM and flash it
2. root with vroot
3. Download SuperSu and install it
4. Run SuperSU and install via CWM method, phone should reboot and flash in recovery.
5. Now run SuperSU again and install via normal method
6. Go into SuperSU options and use "delete other superuser apps" option
7. It should hopefully remove Kinguser and then you have a working SuperSU
8. Check with root checker basic or pro

The above worked for me, however I did mess around with boot.img as well, so maybe doing that made boot.img unsecure and allow me to root it correctly. I really don't know, I'm just happy I managed it.

If the above helps or works, hit the thank button ;)