www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Inew V3 arrived today, quick review and compare to S4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-01-02, 06:31)luckebar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-01, 17:14)Burs Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the video encoding, many say it has "only" 720p capability, but I've been reading the chip is capable of 1080p too. There are some apps (ucam) which can force recordings into 1080p mode (without upscaling), so maybe that will be resolved with some future update. Quad-core should be more than capable of doing such things, so I hope the issue will be resolved soon. Can't tell about framerate @1080p, but even 25fps would be great.

Hello, the maximum resolution of 720p supported by the chip MTK6582 regards the resolution of the screen. I do not think he limits video recording, those might depend on the camera's sensor.

I'm not talking about screen resolution support, since I know for sure that 720p is peak what it can handle. I also know for sure that the current firmware supports encoding videos at maximum resolution of 720p too, so it *is* limited now. Only using 3rd party apps like UCam, 1080p videos can also be recorded, which proves hardware is capable of doing that. And I don't think camera sensor has anything to do with it, since only 2MP is enough for shooting Full HD videos. I would rather think it's about the CPU/GPU processing power that needs to be strong enough in order to sustain constant framerate without framedrops.

Main reason for writing first half of my previous post was misleading information that other sites report.

Like this one (gizchina) where it says MT6582 supports 720p for the video and 8MP for images:
[another site]

And this one (gizmochina) where it says the chip supports 1080p for the video and 13MP for images:
[Image: 2l9rvjk.png]

Again, I think 1080p is no problem for the hardware, so it's only a question whether advertised 13MP is real or interpolated. I think it's real, since the software allows shooting at 18MP, which would make images look crappy if they were interpolated from 8MP.

If anyone has some new or different information regarding all what I've said, feel free to correct me.
In the first image for video resolution means that the screen. For the room I do not know. however, an 8mp unable to easily record in 1080p. the second image does not load.
However, the full specifications are at this link:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&id=a6582&c=mediatek_mt6582
supports 1080p encoding but the camera only to 8mp. As soon as I arrived I test.
Look my friend, i tried to describe the nature of the problem as best as I could, but I think you're going to see it yourself when it arrives, because I see you don't understand my English (which is not perfect, but most of the forum users should understand it just fine).

First, you're contradicting yourself right in your first sentence: one thing is "video resolution", and one thing is "screen resolution". First image clearly shows "Video", which is the *video* resolution at which the phone can encode videos (and at least decode them since that it's simplier task to do it), and it also shows "Resolution" below it, which is the *screen* resolution of the display itself. So "video resolution" *is not* "screen resolution". Think about it a little bit.

The second picture shows a different story, only with a screen resolution beeing the same. This picture I like more, because it says 1080p both for video encode/decode, and 13MP for the camera. I really hope this is true information for the MT582 chip.

Technicaly, any 2MP camera can record Full HD video. I say "technicaly", because if you know the story behind it and know how to mulitply numbers, you'll come to the conclusion that 1920 pixels multiplied with 1080 pixels gives around 2 million pixels which is the pixel density of a 2MP camera. Again, as what I was talking about before, most devices with 2MP and 5MP, and most of 8MP ones, do not record Full HD videos because lack of the CPU/GPU processing power. Think about that too.

And what the heck is "room" (in context of this subject)?
(2013-12-30, 20:49)shanos Wrote: [ -> ]I will take the phones with me to work new years eve (I do night club photography) and grab a load of low light shots to really give the camera a test.
I will upload the images once I have had a chance to recover from partying lol.

I'd be curious to see some photos taken in low light. you have some examples? Thanks.
Found some night picture on a Russian forum (the left one), . Bad quality picuture (very low iso) but you can clearly see whats on it and thats better than most other phones Smiling The right picture is a Zopo 980 i think (dont speak Russian).

[Image: QsH8eBH.jpg]
Pages: 1 2