www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MAC address???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all

I just found out that my wife's S5 and my S5 share the same MAC address!!! How can that be??? Lost It

Is there a way to change the MAC address?
I have tried the "MAC Changer" app from GooglePlay, and also "Mac Address Ghost" - followed the tutorial too. Nothing seemed to work, the MAC address kinda sticks...

This is a huge problem when we both are at home using wifi, then we're sharing ip address - very annoying.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Happy New Year BTW Big Grin
Ok, I just found out the reason for my "same MAC addresses" problem...

I have used the "Fix Wifi nvram warning: err 0x10" guide ( http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-How-To-Fix-Wifi-nvram-warning-err-0x10 ) on both my phones, and used the same files on both phones. I copied the original/backed up "WIFI" and "WIFI_CUSTOM" back and overwrote the files. Now I have a different MAC address on my phone again, and I will leave my wifes phone with the custom files/MAC address.

Gizbeat--> Have you maybe a solution for this if I want to use this usefull guide/fix, but want's to avoid ending up with same MAC addresses on inflicted phones?
How are the MAC address assigned in the "custom" files you provide in the guide?
Is it maybe possible to "write/assign" another MAC address into the files...?

Everything is good now, allthough I have to live with the "NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10" error - damn... ;0)

Happy New Year All !
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
You are so damn fast Gizbeat, I am already at it - thank you man...Big Grin