www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Flashing Roms???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to day to enter the "flashing" adventure", with no luck actually...This sucks
I dont know what I am doing wrong, maybe some of you can tell me?

I have downloaded this : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] - the STAR S5 - update 06/01 - Rooted, and followed this guide:
1. download the driver & STAR S5 – Update 06/01 – Rooted from this page.
2. google for SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1316.0.150.
3. install the driver.
4.after install the driver, unzip STAR S5 – Update 06/01 – Rooted
6. then unzip SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1316.0.150 and open Flash_tool
7. once Flash_tool open, click Scatter-loading and find STAR S5 – Update 06/01 – Rooted folder and seach for MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.
8. switch off your phone, take out the battery, wait for 1 min before putting your battery back. do not switch on your phone.
9. click Firmware->Upgrade and plug in your phone to the computer.
10. it will start to upgrade once it detect your phone.
11. wait for it to finish. when it is finish a big green circle will appear on your computer.
12. plug out your phone from computer and start the phone.
13. enjoy.
9. it will start to upgrade once it detect your phone within

The problem is, that nothing happens, when i connect my phone with usb(no. 10 in the guide)...? No flashing happens, at all...Drool
I have tried older flashtool v3 and newer flashtool v5, with no luck
The phone is rooted, and i have MobileUncle installed also (but don't know how to use itBig Grin), I was able to do a backup with MTKDroidTools v2.5.2, with no problems, so I guess the drivers in windows are installed properly...

Could anyone maybe provide me with a guide for me to use, i want to "play around" with some different ROM's, so I can get to know this better.
v3.1316.0.150 is an old version of SP Flash Tools. V3 and V5 are entirely different software packages. Look in the MTK Download Tools for the newest version of SP Flash Tools, and follow the tutorial sticky for flashing.
Ok, I tried removing all usb-driver regarding mtk and pda as you described in another thread. Reinstalled Vcom driver manually, and it works fine now... Thank you!

What's with the SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1343.01, is it not possible to use this since you say that it's another "software-package"?
(2014-01-07, 16:56)HappyUser Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I tried removing all usb-driver regarding mtk and pda as you described in another thread. Reinstalled Vcom driver manually, and it works fine now... Thank you!

What's with the SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1343.01, is it not possible to use this since you say that it's another "software-package"?

Excellent it worked for you.

They are normally compatible with each other's firmware format and scatters. Use what works. We've had situations where one didn't work, but the other did. Generally I use SP Flash Tool v3.
Ok, that makes sense... :0)