www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Proper GPS and NFC test of the iNew v3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did a proper GPS test with my new iNew v3-E phone. Airplane mode on, outside my office.

As you can see, a proper fix in around 30 seconds. The GPS starts as soon as Mobile Uncle is started, so we get a 31904 ms fix. I then do a cold start, and as you can see, using the data from last time, a fix obtained in around 10 seconds. In practical use, this works great inside my car and with CoPilot.

I´ve also done a small test of the iNew v3 NFC reader. As the video show, it works with NFC stickers, but not my unknown brand NFC cards (these all works with the HTC One X). Beaming from both Samsung s3 and HTC One X works great. (Not in the movie)

I did some low light street photos on my way to work, and I´ll post them as soon as the dropbox is synced.
Thanks for this Kjartan. Yes, some brands are compatible with both types of NFC tags, it seems iNew V3 is only compatible with certain types.

What firmware are you on?
Thanks Gizbeat. I´m on the 24. Dec kernel. Havent gotten around to try the new from needrom. Got the iNew yesterday Smiling I tried framaroot to no avail, so will probably root with pc and upgrade when I have some time next week. (Super busy at work). Do you know of any guides for the iNew rooting?
Oh, and since my office has roof with windows, I tried the yGps at my desk. As you can see, I get a fix (with 3 satelites).

Big Grin

[Image: 2014_01_07_09_44_58.jpg]
(2014-01-07, 17:08)kjartan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Gizbeat. I´m on the 24. Dec kernel. Havent gotten around to try the new from needrom. Got the iNew yesterday Smiling I tried framaroot to no avail, so will probably root with pc and upgrade when I have some time next week. (Super busy at work). Do you know of any guides for the iNew rooting?
Oh, and since my office has roof with windows, I tried the yGps at my desk. As you can see, I get a fix (with 3 satelites).

Big Grin

[Image: b9cp6ntdx]

I just posted the iNew V3 root procedure in iNew forum. You can also use vroot for quick root, but you'll be stuck with KingUser most likely.
Thank you GizBeat! I´ll try that tonight, if I have the time Smiling Have you tried GravityBox with the iNew?
Not yet. Gizbeat will let kjartan be the guinea pig Fu Man
(2014-01-07, 17:32)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]I just posted the iNew V3 root procedure in iNew forum.

I can't find it. Can you please post a direct link to it? Thanks.
EDIT: did you mean flashing SuperSU through CWM for the root?
(2014-01-07, 15:55)kjartan Wrote: [ -> ]I did some low light street photos on my way to work, and I´ll post them as soon as the dropbox is synced.
Hello, could you post photos? I am very interested, the seller from whom I purchased the v3 by mistake sent me the thl W8S, I do not know whether to keep this or reorder the v3, pictures in low light are not very good.
Hi luckebar!

I´ve posted the images just now in the images forum: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hi, I´m on the 24. Dec kernel, and my GPS Fix quite quickly. But, when I use a GPS program like Waze, the GPS icon start to blink and i lose the signal regularly. It's impossible to use Waze, or Google navigation.
I've tried to switch off A-gps and EPO ... No better results.
Is somebody have the same problem ?
Pages: 1 2