www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Issue with Firmware update!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

I been trying to update the Firmware on my Cubot A890...(so I stop getting that annoying black screen after a phone call!)

I have followed all the steps listed in about a billion different websites.

Including the ones posted on [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Yet, nothing happens! The timer SP Multi keeps clicking, the ballons turn blue, but the % remains at zero.

I have noticed that after plugging in the phone, I can see it on my Device Manager for about 5-6seconds, after that it disappears. I have tried phone connection both as media device and USB storage. So I thought maybe it was a faulty wire, but, once I turn the phone on- it successfully stays connected to my computer.

Also, for the few seconds I can see it on my Device Manager, it has a little Yellow box with a !. I have installed a driver from the geekbuying.com site, could it be not compatible with win8?

I also verified that the phone has been rooted via "Root checker Basic".

Literally at the end of my wits: could someone shine some light on this?
SOLVED

Needed to get into windows settings and allow "Unsigned" drivers to work. Once I changed that on Windows, the driver started working and the phone connected!