www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Soft Bricked, how to solve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

So I finally managed to figure out how to Flash. Unfortunately the first flash I did (from the geekbuying.com site), caused the phone to brick.

I think it is a soft brick, as the screen does light up, but remains black. I have tried flashing it again, but to no success.

Any suggestions? There has to be a way to fix this...right?!
A bit of an update...the phone does seem to be on! Just the screen remains a dark (dark blue?)

If I hit a bunch of random buttons I feel the phone vibrate! I put my chip in, and tried calling it with another number...straight to voicemail.

I would REALLY appreciate any input at this point!

I am debating doing a Format using SP multi-port download...I have tried using "Format except Bootloader"

Is it dangerous to Format everything including Bootloader?
I solved it! In case anyone else is wondering...

I did a format (but I didn't format the Bootloader), and then installed the newest firmware.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I think the issue I was having was due to the change in LCD...
I did try updating using this version before, but it did nothing, which is why I thought there was something else wrong.

I did try again, this time using an updated version of SP Flash Tool..and it worked!

So:

Format (I did not format bootloader)
use version above
use most up to date SP tool