www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Internal storage only 1 GB!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, please help me if you can.

I use appmonster and i see that the whole internal storage is only 1 gb and although i moved most of the apps into the sd, i only have 500 mb left.
Isn't the phone supposed to have 16 gb internal storage; Why only 1 gb for apps?
I am afraid to root the phone so i will not brick it. Is there a way to increase the internal storage for apps without rooting?

Thank you Big Grin
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

(from this forum)
Wrong. You got it wrong. 1GB is the app space. And 12-13GB is internal memory. These are different partitions on your phone. If you go to Settings/Storage, you will see them both listed next to each other. Default space for apps is 1GB, but you can change that by going [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].
Thank you very much for your replies. Do these methods require the phone to be rooted? If so, is there a thread in this forum with instructions?
we are suffering from a semantics problem.

the *internal storage* is the system storage. It's that where the system files and rom and apps are stored and installed. unless chose the install to SD. then app will install to SD. 1gb that is about the normal for internal.

the *phone storage* is for saving pictures and movies and whatever else like the documents and stuffs like that.

tommygr, follow that threads which posted by burs and luckjan for the how to do it.