www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Anyone know if/when Chinese phones will support US bands?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know when...or IF...these Chinese manufacturers will ever support 3G/4G bands that are used in US?

I own a Ulefone U650 now but really only use it as a phablet/e-reader because of the 2G only support here in the US. I really would like to see that change.

Not only would it mean more business for them but it means I could buy one of these more unique phones and be able to actually USE it as a PHONE.

I've read a lot about the supposed costs involved with supporting US bands and frequencies but is it really THAT much?
it is the last frontier for this phones....they are going very very good in all other elements....
I bought this model for a Holiday present. OrientPhone N3 N9002 - Galaxy Note 3 Alternative with Android 4.2 MTK6589T Quad Core 2GB 32GB 3G GPS 6.0 Inch HD Screen 13.0MP Camera. the paperwork that comes with the phone says it supports WCDMA [850/1900/2100] im getting pretty good speeds with AT&T pay as you go. 60 bucks for unlimited phone/messaging and 2gig data per month.
That very unlikely to be really 1900 3G. Just because paperwork has it, doesn't mean is the true. You can test by turning off all the other frequencies in the engineer mode, then are reseting the phone and see if still able to use the phone. But must be trying on t-mobile.
I'm still pretty new at the chi-phone scene but i know im on ATT. and when i use the Z-device app it tells me im on HSPA data connection. i guess everything can be flubbed. i wish i knew how to post images, id post some screenshots.
Yes. HSPA on aTT, that normally is 850. Many china phones are having 850.