www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How to Flash CWM when other means fail to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok Guys! Time i stopped my selfishness and share my finding with you.Big thanks to GizBeat for this awesome site.Smile
Please Read this tutorial to the end before You complain that it didnt work!

My attempt to make a recovery for my phone mt6575 running android 2.3.4 I had no luck in using the following methods
Using MTk Droid tols to patch my recovery and flashing again
Other methods

What I did!
Well I found these tools on the web and they helped me solve the problem

Port CTR Recovery for MTK by Master Shifu link here: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
michfood-Port-CWM-6.0.3.0-by Master Shifu link here:[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

these tools can automate the process of porting recovery for your MTK device by detecting things like partition type, whether mtd or emmc and other stuff like screen resolution.

Now that you have the Tools follow this Step by Step!
Ok first your phone needs to be rooted so headon to the home page of the website and try out the rooting tools and tutorials that should get you fixed.

1.Now decide on which one of the tools you want to use-They both worked for me even though I loved the first one
2.Extract the folder in the zip to the root of your Drive C: or the drive holding your windows OS.(that means the folder must be but directly on the drive c: in no folder)
3.Next connect your ROOTED phone to the Pc and make sure that usb debugging is enabled.
4.Next run the .exe in the folder you have placed on the Drive C: and choose the auto option when asked.
5.This will automatically collect info from your phone and port a working cm which will be pushed into your phone and then reboot your Phone into recvery so that you can see you New Custom recovery.Love it and Keep it Smile

If you have any question you can place them here.

Remember: The truth is not what you say or I say, there is One truth and that is what we all need to find outPuppy Eyes
is it possible to boot into cwm recovery via adb/pc for a bricked phone?
i have experience failed rom installation where i can't get into cwm recovery via phone power/vol buttons and also can't sp flash rom.